hashcat Forum

Full Version: 0% progress
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys.
So I have the hash and pre-generated file(.txt) with N passwords.
I run this command: hashcat64.exe -m 13400 -a 0 hash.txt passes.txt --status
And it starts its work, but all the time I have this status:
Code:
Guess.Queue......: 1/1 (100.00%)
Recovered........: 0/1 (0.00%) Digests, 0/1 (0.00%) Salts
Progress.........: 0/N (0.00%)
Rejected.........: 0/0 (0.00%)
Restore.Point....: 0/N (0.00%)
After some time it looks like that(when all passes are tested as far as I understand):
Code:
Status...........: Exhausted
Guess.Queue......: 1/1 (100.00%)
Recovered........: 0/1 (0.00%) Digests, 0/1 (0.00%) Salts
Progress.........: N/N (100.00%)
Rejected.........: 0/N (0.00%)
Restore.Point....: N/N (100.00%)
So I'm not sure if no passwords match or something is wrong. Why there is no progress until 100%? Why there are no rejected passwords at the end?
'Rejected' means 'password candidate was inapplicable' (such as if it was too long or too short for that hash algorithm) rather than 'password candidate was tried and it didn't work'.

Recommendation: set up an attack that you know will work, run it, and observe the difference.
(01-19-2019, 07:42 PM)royce Wrote: [ -> ]'Rejected' means 'password candidate was inapplicable' (such as if it was too long or too short for that hash algorithm) rather than 'password candidate was tried and it didn't work'.

Recommendation: set up an attack that you know will work, run it, and observe the difference.

Thank you for an answer to my silly question!
I followed your recommendation and it turns out that "progress" is always 0 till the end(where it turns 100%).
Might be bug?

P.S. Also now I am sure that my generated passwords are all wrong. Time to think a bit more!
Progress in this context is 'how many hashes were successfully cracked'. So if you're only cracking a single hash, progress will always be either 0 or 100. Smile
@royce: no it's not. Progress is the number of tried candidates divided by the total amount of candidates. The reason you can only see 0%/100% here is that your wordlist is very small (meaning N is very small) and all candidates end up in the same chunk. Hence there is no other progress checkpoint.