hashcat Forum

Full Version: OpenCl kernel self-test failed when using any version later than v4.2.1 !!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
[Image: unknown.png?width=679&height=548]
i Get OpenCl kernel self-test failed   and when i use --self-test-disable   it just works but  whatever the password is found or not it says

Exhausted  after trying all the passwords in the queue

.................... although the intel cpu and gpu gets the correct password

the commend i use is  ( hashcat v5.1.0 )

hashcat64.exe -a 0 --session=2019-01-29 -m 2500 -w 3 --force --status --status-timer=60 --potfile-disable -p : -d 3 --self-test-disable --hwmon-temp-abort=90 -o "C:\0.txt" --outfile-format=3 "C:\Users\123\Downloads\wifiB3381C.hccapx" "E:\ccc.txt"

https://ibb.co/19LSt8M
although it does the full wordlist it still says Exhausted ...

then i tried this commend
hashcat64.exe -a 0 --session=2019-01-29 -m 2500 -w 3 -D 1 --force --status --status-timer=60 --potfile-disable -p : --self-test-disable --hwmon-temp-abort=90 -o "C:\0.txt" --outfile-format=3 "C:\Users\123\Downloads\wifiB3381C.hccapx" "E:\ccc.txt"

https://i.ibb.co/HBVF39c/cracked.png

and it worked just fine and got the password ..... what would the problem be ?

https://i.ibb.co/Ttqb9Sn/open-CL-info.png
Did you actually read the error message you posted? Your driver is probably broken. There may be driver bugs that are triggered only by some hashcat versions.
"Did you actually read the error message you posted? Your driver is probably broken. There may be driver bugs that are triggered only by some hashcat versions."

yes i have read the error message .. the question is why "bugs that are triggered only by some hashcat versions"
what have you added to hashcat in the v5.0.0 .....
*AMD GPUs on Windows require "AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition" (15.12 or later)* this an outdated version of AMD Radeon Software..... Crimson Edition have a lot of errors and unoptimized performance ..... so i use Adrenalin Edition
.... will the Radeon™ Software Crimson ReLive Edition 17.11.4 work ?
(01-30-2019, 01:23 PM)undeath Wrote: [ -> ]Did you actually read the error message you posted? Your driver is probably broken. There may be driver bugs that are triggered only by some hashcat versions.

i think this a common problem  see  

[Image: image.png]

even with the RX Vega 56  the problem there !!
(01-30-2019, 01:23 PM)undeath Wrote: [ -> ]Did you actually read the error message you posted? Your driver is probably broken. There may be driver bugs that are triggered only by some hashcat versions.

see this mate https://hashcat.net/forum/thread-7903-po...l#pid43522
[Image: image.png]
There are constant code changes with the goal to have the software more robust and performing better, that's all. One of the changes is misinterpreted by the AMD OpenCL runtime, but that's a problem in the AMD OpenCL runtime, not in hashcat. I can't see a good reason why we should hold back improvements that increases the success rates on NV, Intel and others just because AMD can't get their stuff working correctly.
@atom why would someone make a change that corrupt something that was already working ... "AMD OpenCL runtime"
is the same ... but hash cat who have been changed so the prob for me comes from hash cat !!!
thanks for the response ...
so a driver downgrade won't fix it ? (Crimson Edition / Crimson ReLive Edition )
btw you are losing a plenty of users by doing this ☹️☹️
(01-31-2019, 06:24 PM)monminamon Wrote: [ -> ]@atom  why would someone make a change that corrupt something that was already working ... "AMD OpenCL runtime"
is the same ... but hash cat who have been changed so the prob for me comes from hash cat !!!
so a driver downgrade won't fix it ? (Crimson Edition / Crimson ReLive Edition )

I don't think you're understanding. AMD is at fault not hashcat.
(02-01-2019, 12:45 AM)slyexe Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-31-2019, 06:24 PM)monminamon Wrote: [ -> ]@atom  why would someone make a change that corrupt something that was already working ... "AMD OpenCL runtime"

I don't think you're understanding. AMD is at fault not hashcat.

I know .. But the one who last changed/updated is you not amd .. Hashcat was working just fine till the v.4.2.1 then you dropped the v 5 and some thing gone wrong !!
[Image: tumblr_inline_nkirl9V7Sg1s9de7o.jpg]
Pages: 1 2 3