hashcat Forum

Full Version: Just Downloaded Hashcat-gui v0.4.6 NEED HELP PLEASE I'M NEW
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[attachment=62]
So far i downloaded "Hashcat-gui v0.4.6" and "Hashcat v0.38(i don't know if this was needed or why but i heard it was)" i also downloaded "RockYou.txt" for the passcracking on emails and Facebook. i extracted the HC-Gui and HC-v0.38( I put the HC-v0.38 in the Main HC-gui folder). I guess that with the 32b and 64b apps in the HC gui, it also came with 3 diff folders that have apps as well (oclHashcat-lite, oclhashcat-plus, and normal oclHashcat; i'm not sure what each of these do but everytime i try to run either the Hc32 or Hc62 in the main folder or in those three subfolders it gives me a message either MSVCR100.dll is missing or one called OpenCl.dll, so i don't know if it is my setup of the folders, or if i need to download more files to get it to run; can some1 give me a picture of their folder's setup and which thing i need to download. And also what i should click on to get it the program to start. step by step please? thanks you guys, i'm sorry i am still learning
try reading the faq.txt thats in the docs folder of hashcat
(01-13-2012, 07:26 AM)forumhero Wrote: [ -> ]try reading the faq.txt thats in the docs folder of hashcat

Wow, thanks forumhero Smile it works
When i get into the program with the cmd screen, after i accepted the terms by pressing YES it says Error this is outdated get a more recent version is it because it isrunning 0.37? how do i get it to run the most recent one (0.38)?
if you dont know how to do it manually, wait for the updated gui package. it will be released soon.