hashcat Forum

Full Version: Found a password - Recovered ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there Smile

I'm trying Hashcat and so far every thing seems to run just fine. But I'm not sure how to see if Hashcat has success in finding a password. I guess that if it find a password, I should see "Recovered" change from 0/1 to 1/1. Is that correct ?

I'm comparing a passwordlist to a WPA handshake.
Put the WPA PSK in the wordlist and Hashcat should find it Smile
(09-03-2019, 11:46 AM)Kryczek Wrote: [ -> ]Put the WPA PSK in the wordlist and Hashcat should find it Smile

That did not answer my question. How can I see if Hashcat has found a password ?
It stops when all (just 1 in your case) hashes have been cracked, otherwise it prints the hash and cleartext on the screen while running
Thanks Smile
hashcat64 -m 2500 --show yourhccapxfilename (will show you any cracked passwords)

hashcat64 -m 2500 --left yourhccapxfilename (will show you any un-cracked passwords)
(09-04-2019, 05:40 PM)slawson Wrote: [ -> ]hashcat64 -m 2500 --show yourhccapxfilename      (will show you any cracked passwords)

hashcat64 -m 2500 --left yourhccapxfilename        (will show you any un-cracked passwords)

Thanks. But I still hope that if Hashcat finds a password, it will show it on the screen during the run or after the run.
It does show the found password immediately when found:
[Image: 1kyMkTN.png]
(09-05-2019, 12:25 PM)DanielG Wrote: [ -> ]It does show the found password immediately when found:
[Image: 1kyMkTN.png]

Thanks Smile I have just seen some videos, that told, you would not know if Hashcat found a password, until you entered the --show command.
Status...........: Cracked

it's very obvious if it's cracked or not