hashcat Forum

Full Version: history hash
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, everybody. Please tell me how I can get information about all hacked hashes in the Linux operating system ? If I type in the terminal:
Code:
hashcat --show
then a message appears:

Code:
Usage: hashcat [options]... hash|hashfile|hccapxfile [dictionary|mask|directory]...
Try --help for more help.

I look at the help, and this parameter is specified there, but it does not display anything, what should I do?
For example, there is no such problem on the Windows operating system, the --show parameter works.
Thanks
Well, it seems like I was able to get the information, but you know you need to specify the hash type and the path to it:
hashcat -m 2500 --show /root/test.hccapx
but we would like to get information about all previously decrypted hashes without specifying additional keys.
also, I would like to know, after displaying information about the decrypted hash, how do I delete this information? clear it so that I can calculate the same hash again.... Thanks
just open the potfile in a text editor or use:
Code:
cat hashcat.potfile
(this is on linux ... or use the "type" command on windows)

use --potfile-disable to disable the potfile (or remove the hashcat.potfile... could be dangerous to lose the data)
(03-13-2020, 11:32 AM)philsmd Wrote: [ -> ]just open the potfile in a text editor or use:
Code:
cat hashcat.potfile
(this is on linux ... or use the "type" command on windows)

use --potfile-disable to disable the potfile (or remove the hashcat.potfile... could be dangerous to lose the data)
I searched the entire folder /usr/share/hashcat/ but I can not find the file you specified there Sad and if you write in the terminal cat hashcat.potfile then there is nothing, writes, there is no such file.
if you use LINUX *and* if you have installed hashcat (make install or used a package manager), the files are wihtin your home directory:
Code:
cat $HOME/.hashcat/hashcat.potfile
(03-13-2020, 01:20 PM)philsmd Wrote: [ -> ]if you use LINUX *and* if you have installed hashcat (make install or used a package manager), the files are wihtin your home directory:
Code:
cat $HOME/.hashcat/hashcat.potfile
Thank you very much , I found it .