hashcat Forum

Full Version: Error CPU Intel Hashcat 5.1.0.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I'm using directly the binaries version of hashcat, hashcat-5.1.0.

I don't have GPU but CPU Intel

user$ clinfo
Number of platforms                              1
  Platform Name                                  Intel Gen OCL Driver
  Platform Vendor                                Intel
  Platform Version                                OpenCL 2.0 beignet 1.3
  Platform Profile                                FULL_PROFILE
  Platform Extensions                            cl_khr_global_int32_base_atomics cl_khr_global_int32_extended_atomics cl_khr_local_int32_base_atomics cl_khr_local_int32_extended_atomics cl_khr_byte_addressable_store cl_khr_3d_image_writes cl_khr_image2d_from_buffer cl_khr_depth_images cl_khr_spir cl_khr_icd cl_intel_accelerator cl_intel_subgroups cl_intel_subgroups_short cl_khr_gl_sharing
  Platform Extensions function suffix            Intel
beignet-opencl-icd: no supported GPU found, this is probably the wrong opencl-icd package for this hardware
(If you have multiple ICDs installed and OpenCL works, you can ignore this message)

However, when I execute the following command:

./hashcat64.bin -m 2500 -a 3 hashfile.hccapx ?d?d?d?d?d?d?d?d

I receive the following error:

hashcat (v5.1.0) starting...

beignet-opencl-icd: no supported GPU found, this is probably the wrong opencl-ic                                            d package for this hardware
(If you have multiple ICDs installed and OpenCL works, you can ignore this messa                                            ge)
clGetDeviceIDs(): CL_DEVICE_NOT_FOUND

beignet-opencl-icd: no supported GPU found, this is probably the wrong opencl-ic                                            d package for this hardware
(If you have multiple ICDs installed and OpenCL works, you can ignore this messa                                            ge)

No devices found/left.

Started: Mon Apr 27 09:05:40 2020
Stopped: Mon Apr 27 09:05:40 2020

Then, if I execute: hashcat -I

user$  ./hashcat64.bin -I
hashcat (v5.1.0) starting...

beignet-opencl-icd: no supported GPU found, this is probably the wrong opencl-icd package for this hardware
(If you have multiple ICDs installed and OpenCL works, you can ignore this message)

No devices found/left.

How can I make it work with CPU Intel?

Thanks.
uninstall pocl, mesa, beignet and install the vendor drivers as recommended on https://hashcat.net/hashcat/

OpenCL Runtime for Intel Core or Xeon processors: https://software.intel.com/en-us/article...pu-section
(http://registrationcenter-download.intel....0.015.tgz )
I got the following error when installing the proposed driver

Prerequisites > Missing Prerequisite
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Detected operating system is not supported. Supported operating systems for this
release are:
    - CentOS* 7 (Intel(R) 64);
    - Red Hat Enterprise Linux* 7 (Intel(R) 64);
    - SUSE Linux Enterprise Server* 12 (Intel(R) 64);
    - Ubuntu* 16.04 (Intel(R) 64);

I have the following Linux version, Ubuntu 18.04.4 LTS (GNU/Linux 4.15.0-96-generic x86_64) and I cannot modify it

Any compatible version?

Thanks
Even if it's not officially supported it should work on your distribution.
It doesn't allow to continue with the installation, is there any workaround? After uninstalling the previous drivers, I get the following error:

clGetPlatformIDs(): CL_PLATFORM_NOT_FOUND_KHR 

by executing:

./hashcat64.bin -m 2500 -a 3 -d 1 MIWIFI_UqUC.hccapx ?d?d?d?d?d?d?d?d

Any clue?

Thanks
I just tested it (again) just to make sure it would work.

... and as expected, your claim does not hold (for me it works on any ubuntu > 16.04):
Code:
Prerequisites > Missing Prerequisite(s)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are one or more unresolved issues based on your system configuration and
component selection.

You can resolve all the issues without exiting the installer and re-check, or
you can exit, resolve the issues, and then run the installation again.

Missing optional prerequisites    
-- Unsupported OS
   1. Skip prerequisites [ default ]
   2. Show the detailed info about issue(s)
   3. Re-check the prerequisites

h. Help
   b. Back
   q. Quit installation

and after confirming that I want to skip the prerequisites (1), it did install the driver correctly:
Code:
Complete
Thank you for installing Intel® CPU Runtime for OpenCL™ Applications 18.1.

Press "Enter" key to quit: quit

The only thing that might be different on your system could be another missing requirement (like build-essential etc)... but this will be listed separately.

Therefore, I would again suggest that you just install the (other) prerequisite (like compilers etc) and try to install it again.

BTW: it also hightlighted that this requirement is optional
Missing optional prerequisites
-- Unsupported OS
I've tried again, and works! Thanks