hashcat Forum

Full Version: Hashcat isn't using GPU
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hashcat v 5.1.0
windows 8.1
GPU AMD Radeon HD 7670M
Driver: Radeon Software Crimson Edition Beta v 16.2.1 Beta (latest and supported by hashcat as stated here: AMD GPUs on Windows require "AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition" (15.12 or later)

I have attached screen shot of command hashcat64.exe -I here, in the screenshot as you can see that there are two platforms and under devices why does it show CPU on both platform but not my GPU. I don't know what's going on. I am a beginner. I wanted to use GPU to fast crack the wpa/wpa2 capture file but hashcat isn't using my GPU.

I clean installed the current driver after removing the previous driver with DDU in safe mode.

I want to know where the problem lies and how to fix it.
it's quite an old GPU. Does the driver you have even state official OpenCL support for your GPU with latest version ?

maybe you can also test with some tuning software like afterburner and GPU-Z etc (I think they have some tabs or mention if OpenCL is enabled etc)... In theory you could also try "clinfo" on windows. I got some feedback a while ago that clinfo.exe also exist for windows.

Is this a notebook ? I think the M in the 7670M normally means that this is a mobile/notebook GPU.
(05-26-2020, 09:31 AM)philsmd Wrote: [ -> ]it's quite an old GPU. Does the driver you have even state official OpenCL support for your GPU with latest version ?

maybe you can also test with some tuning software like afterburner and GPU-Z etc (I think they have some tabs or mention if OpenCL is enabled etc)... In theory you could also try "clinfo" on windows. I got some feedback a while ago that clinfo.exe also exist for windows.

Is this a notebook ? I think the M in the 7670M normally means that this is a mobile/notebook GPU.

i think it does state opencl support , I have attached screenshot of its info. Its not a notebook though it is an old model of dell laptop, inspirion 15 to be exact.