hashcat Forum

Full Version: Remote execution with powershell
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, running 6.1.1 on Windows (it was the same with 5.x FWIW)
I use a remote machine with powerful GPUs and access it using Enter-PSSession command to have a ssh-like experience.
Hashcat runs but it has some problems getting the keys while running (status, quit, ...) and does not output the stats regularly.
It does simple ignore any keypress. The same way, brain server does not output anything until connected by a client.
I use a lot of programs via pssession and they get keystrokes with no problem.
Is there any way to get console control in a remote session?
Thanks
i have a similar issue. i run hashcat from a c# toolset via Process/ProcessStartInfo. i tried using the console redirection (Process.StandardInput.Write('q')) but hashcat simply ignores everything i send to it. another user posted in 2012 about the same issue (https://hashcat.net/forum/thread-982.html).
i took a peek into the hashcat sourcecode, file "terminal.c" line 467 and below. it seems the code is specifically checking for a keydown event instead of just reading the console input? my C knowledge is too limited to be sure.
(04-17-2021, 01:00 AM)tecxx Wrote: [ -> ]i took a peek into the hashcat sourcecode, file "terminal.c" line 467 and below. it seems the code is specifically checking for a keydown event instead of just reading the console input? my C knowledge is too limited to be sure.

this could be due to the fact that hahscat is capable of getting passwordcandidates from stdin, for example feeding input from pricne or maskprocessor to hashcat

i think there is nothing really you can do about this
you mean piping input via script? but if this works, piping input inside a remote powershell or from a c# Process.StandardInput.Write(...) should work as well.