hashcat Forum

Full Version: QNX -m 19200 Salt Length
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've got a QNX 512 hash from a real system, and now that I've verified I can run the test hash on my system I've discovered an issue with my hash or with hashcat.

My hash is in the format of @S@[Base64 string, that I've converted to hex and it's the right length]@YzY5NjU0N2M3YjIxMTM3MjI2MTYwMzE0MGRkMjMzMDc=

My issue is with the length of the salt.  If I convert straight from base64, it's hex compliant as c696547c7b211372261603140dd23307 but that doesn't fit within the hashcat source code declaration of the hash tokens 

Code:
token.token_cnt  = 4;
  token.sep[0]    = '@';
  token.len_min[0] = 0;
  token.len_max[0] = 0;
  token.attr[0]    = TOKEN_ATTR_VERIFY_LENGTH;
  token.sep[1]    = '@';
  token.len_min[1] = 1;
  token.len_max[1] = 8;
  token.attr[1]    = TOKEN_ATTR_VERIFY_LENGTH;
  token.sep[2]    = '@';
  token.len_min[2] = 32;
  token.len_max[2] = 128;
  token.attr[2]    = TOKEN_ATTR_VERIFY_LENGTH
                  | TOKEN_ATTR_VERIFY_HEX;
  token.sep[3]    = '@';
  token.len_min[3] = 8;
  token.len_max[3] = 16;
  token.attr[3]    = TOKEN_ATTR_VERIFY_LENGTH;

which expects either a length of 8 or 16 and I'm at 32 (if I assume it isn't hex and that's a happy coincidence or 64)

Just for kicks, I copied the salt from the test hash and once the salt is 16 long hashcat has no token length exceptions.
maybe you can do some research on how many and what alternatives / variants exists. Are there different supported salt lengths etc for QNX.

yeah, the len above are the lengths within the hash file (so I guess you call it the "hex length", not the raw lengths).