hashcat Forum

Full Version: Hash Hardware Uses
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys, I'm new to hashcat after discovering that I forgot my bitcoin passphrase. (lol) I've always been interested in cryptography so I'm using this as an excuse to jump in. Anyways, I was wondering what other types of hardware can be used with hashcat. I notice in the help file it mentions the usage of FPGA or a Math Co-processor. Has anyone ever tried using ASIC bitcoin mining hardware to streamline SHA-256 hashes here? Just curious. Thanks!
this was answered before, short, no it is not possible to use asic miner for cracking
In the instructions for hashcat everything is written, you can read.
The password hash of the bitcoin wallet.dat file Nvidia GeForce RTX 3090 is only 21000h/s
(03-25-2021, 04:23 AM)msy2008 Wrote: [ -> ]The password hash of the bitcoin wallet.dat file Nvidia GeForce RTX 3090 is only 21000h/s

if he has a good and obviously very small wordlist of HIS passwords he uses, this would be sufficent even when using with a massiv rules list

it all depends on HIS passwords ^^

for sure bruteforcing should not work