hashcat Forum

Full Version: Too fast cracking
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(03-13-2021, 03:09 PM)Snoopy Wrote: [ -> ]well i have to admit i didnt read very well your first post and your commandline but

7000 Kilohashes per second are 7.000.000 so 7 Millions hashes per second, with a plain wordlist of 15 million words withput any rules applied yeah 2 seconds + time needed for hashcat and you are done

I have gpu nvidia 950m, and I think this is not passible. Another hash takes alot longer
whats do you mean? same hashtype and attackvector?

the numbers are taken from your postings so its quite simple math
(03-14-2021, 07:30 PM)Snoopy Wrote: [ -> ]whats do you mean? same hashtype and attackvector?

the numbers are taken from your postings so its quite simple math

another hashtype, for me looks unrealistic for this gpu
you can compare/benchmark different hashtypes with -b and see for yourself

(plain md5)
hashcat -b -m 0
Speed.#*.........: 8398.9 MH/s

(bitlocker)
hashcat -b -m 22100
Speed.#*.........: 621 H/s

so 8400 Mio hashes per second vs 621 hashes per second it ALL depends on the hashtype you are attacking
Thank you
(03-13-2021, 08:12 PM)buba22 Wrote: [ -> ]I have gpu nvidia 950m, and I think this is not passible. Another hash takes alot longer

For some context, using a similar pkzip hash to the one from your first post, my CPU (AMD Ryzen 1600) delivers about 68 MH/s, so 10x faster than your mobile GPU. Doesn't seem unrealistic to me at all.
Pages: 1 2