hashcat Forum
Help with Bitlocked Drive - Printable Version

+- hashcat Forum (https://hashcat.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Support (https://hashcat.net/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: hashcat (https://hashcat.net/forum/forum-45.html)
+--- Thread: Help with Bitlocked Drive (/thread-11031.html)

Help with Bitlocked Drive - frkre99 - 09-29-2022

Hi,

I have a drive that was damaged on accident (Please don't ask how or why).  My machines current BIOS settings were not saved and gone to default settings.  Drive was able to load again but locked (BitLocked).  I have used FTK Imager and JohnRipper and got a Hash File ready on TXT.  That being said the drive has the long 48 digit recovery key.  I have inserted the drive into the laptop  and was able to get the Recovery Key ID, so now I need help on how I can use Hashcat for the rest of the process to crack the recovery Key.  I now know to back it up so this won't happen in the future but I would love to recover my important files.  Thanks in advanced for the help and have a great one!

RE: Help with Bitlocked Drive - frkre99 - 09-30-2022

I was told by a advanced rep from Easeus company that this was possible and it would take 3/4 days to brute force crack drive. They want to charge $199 USD. So that being said he is just trying to scam me!? I now know to back up to my one drive but I didn’t before, so now I’m in this situation. 

(09-30-2022, 03:11 AM)ly88888 Wrote: Crack recovery key is unrealistic,You should check your Microsoft account for the key

RE: Help with Bitlocked Drive - frkre99 - 09-30-2022

I never backed up the key at all. 

(09-30-2022, 03:50 AM)ly88888 Wrote:
(09-30-2022, 03:29 AM)frkre99 Wrote: I was told by a advanced rep from Easeus company that this was possible and it would take 3/4 days to brute force crack drive. They want to charge $199 USD. So that being said he is just trying to scam me!? I now know to back up to my one drive but I didn’t before, so now I’m in this situation. 

(09-30-2022, 03:11 AM)ly88888 Wrote: Crack recovery key is unrealistic,You should check your Microsoft account for the key

You need to check the Microsoft prompt where the key is stored first

RE: Help with Bitlocked Drive - frkre99 - 10-02-2022

I have a Microsoft account and I have backed up my new drive.  Before I didn't do this and now I have.   I log in and I can see my current machine but I cant see no others.  That's why I say I never backed it up.  When I installed the drive in the machine again I was able to get the Recovery Key ID.  I'm not sure if that helps.

(09-30-2022, 03:56 AM)frkre99 Wrote: I never backed up the key at all. 

(09-30-2022, 03:50 AM)ly88888 Wrote:
(09-30-2022, 03:29 AM)frkre99 Wrote: I was told by a advanced rep from Easeus company that this was possible and it would take 3/4 days to brute force crack drive. They want to charge $199 USD. So that being said he is just trying to scam me!? I now know to back up to my one drive but I didn’t before, so now I’m in this situation. 

You need to check the Microsoft prompt where the key is stored first

RE: Help with Bitlocked Drive - frkre99 - 10-02-2022

I Don’t have another Microsoft account. That being said thanks for the time. So in short this is unrealistic, check your Microsoft account and or check your other Microsoft account. Got it! I give up, thanks again.