hashcat Forum
2080 super vs 2080ti - Printable Version

+- hashcat Forum (https://hashcat.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Misc (https://hashcat.net/forum/forum-15.html)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://hashcat.net/forum/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: 2080 super vs 2080ti (/thread-8699.html)

2080 super vs 2080ti - Flyinghaggis - 10-08-2019

I am looking to change my two nvidia 2080ti FE's to evga cards.

But I have a dilemma, I cant decide whether to go for two (with the option to add a 3rd/4th

EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 superFTW3 Ultra Gaming, 8GB GDDR6, ICX2  P4-3287-Kr or two

EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 ULTRA GAMING, 11GB GDDR6, iCX2 Technology 11G-P4-2487-KR 

the problem I have is the boost clock on both of these cards the first has a boost clock of 1845mhz
and the second 1755mhz.

The sellers are trying to steer me towards purchasing one 2080ti as apposed to the two supers but either way
I want two of these cards with the option of three.

Now my reasoning is - I will get more bang for my bucks with the two supers (cheaper) than I would with the 
two 2080ti's (dearer).

If anyone has any thoughts/advice/experience related to this post could they please advise.

RE: 2080 super vs 2080ti - Kryczek - 10-08-2019

Why replace the FE cards? Smile

RE: 2080 super vs 2080ti - Flyinghaggis - 10-08-2019

Not entirely happy with their performance (running at 1635mhz) and as
previously mentioned more "bang for my bucks"

So I guess part of the question is "should I stick with the setup I have and purchase
another Nvidia card

RE: 2080 super vs 2080ti - Chick3nman - 10-09-2019

As long as you are keeping your cards cool, they will be boosting WELL about the advertised "boost clock". It will also likely not be a noticeable enough change for you to really care. A couple extra mhz is never bad but the difference in price and cooling design and just card in general may not be worth it.

RE: 2080 super vs 2080ti - Flyinghaggis - 10-09-2019

Thanks for that chick - I had kind of decided to keep the FE's as trying to find a board big enough to take the two 2.75 slot cards is quite difficult (providing enough cooling) unless I was putting them in a rig.

So what i'll do now is just buy another couple of ti's and run them outside the case until I decide if I want a
rig or not.

Thanks again