Need Help Launch
First off it's been rough getting everything together working and to the finally stage of launching hashcat.  I finally got The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali) running a system.  I am at the stage of where I launch hashcat to break the master password to my Keepass.  I have the master password hash from my .kdbx file.  I've used this guide to help me to some degree ( https://www.rubydevices.com.au/blog/how-to-hack-keepass ).  I have idea of what my password might be, but I don't know how to config launch of hashcat to focus on breaking my password.  My password I believe to be broken down like this ( 4 letters, 5 numbers, 3 letters, 2 symbols).  So in total 14 characters long.  I believe the letters may start with capital letters or they may not.  I just need help configuring the launch command on the hashcat.  I would be extremely greatful for anyone that can help me with this.

Example code I've seen from ( here )
Code:
hashcat -a 0 -m 13400 keepass.txt /usr/share/wordlists/rockyou.txt
Here's a mask example for you to get started: ?u?l?l?l?d?d?d?d?d?l?l?l?s?s
If you remember exact letters, numbers or symbols, you may use it like this as a mask file: abcd,12345,efg,!@,?1?1?1?1?2?2?2?2?2?3?3?3?4?4
I don't know the exact for some of the numbers and symbols. What I really wanna know is how I write out the command. So I need to know what to type between hashcat and keepass.txt file name.

Example
Code:
hashcat (what do I put here) keepass.txt /Desktop/keepass/password.txt
hashcat -a3 -m13400 keepass.txt ?u?l?l?l?d?d?d?d?d?l?l?l?s?s

Is what CTRL suggested.
?u is uppercase letters
?l is lowercase letters
?d is digits
?l is lowercase letters
?s is special characters.
Which matches your description of 4 letters, 5 numbers, 3 letters, 2 symbols
(09-11-2021, 10:44 PM)livingthedream Wrote: I don't know the exact for some of the numbers and symbols.  What I really wanna know is how I write out the command.  So I need to know what to type between hashcat and keepass.txt file name.

Example
Code:

hashcat -a0 -m13400 keepass.txt /Desktop/keepass/password.txt

You add the -a to specify the attack type.
Code:
- [ Attack Modes ] -

# | Mode
===+======
  0 | Straight
  1 | Combination
  3 | Brute-force
  6 | Hybrid Wordlist + Mask
  7 | Hybrid Mask + Wordlist
  9 | Association
-m to specify the mode, in this case 13400 which you said you were using (keepass https://hashcat.net/wiki/doku.php?id=example_hashes)
(09-11-2021, 10:47 PM)Vavaldi Wrote: hashcat -a3 -m13400 keepass.txt ?u?l?l?l?d?d?d?d?d?l?l?l?s?s

Is what CTRL suggested.
?u is uppercase letters
?l is lowercase letters
?d is digits
?l is lowercase letters
?s is special characters.
Which matches your description of 4 letters, 5 numbers, 3 letters, 2 symbols

I will give this one a try!  Thank you so much for breaking it down for me!  I'll report back my status on it