viewing rules crashes
I am trying to learn to create rules for candidate generation. I would like to print out the candidates to verify I have made the rules correctly. I have tried the samples from the wiki but any command i enter with --stdout in it crashes.
I am able to run wordlist on gpu with rules. I just cant view them

echo :>rule
echo password>wordlist
hashcat --stdout -r rule wordlist

using v6.2.4 or v6.2.3 on windows i get a window. hashcat.exe has stopped working

using v5.1.0 i get

hashcat64 --stdout -r rule wordlist
clBuildProgram(): CL_BUILD_PROGRAM_FAILURE

OpenCL\inc_types.cl(356): error: function "amd_bfe" declared implicitly
    return amd_bfe (a, b, c);
          ^

OpenCL\inc_types.cl(361): error: function "amd_bfe" declared implicitly
          ^

2 errors detected in the compilation of "C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Local\Temp\OCLFBFB.tmp.cl".
* Device #3: Kernel ./OpenCL/m02000_a0-pure.cl build failed - proceeding without this device.
(10-09-2021, 07:18 PM)hakerbitz Wrote: I am trying to learn to create rules for candidate generation. I would like to print out the candidates to verify I have made the rules correctly. I have tried the samples from the wiki but any command i enter with --stdout in it crashes.
I am able to run wordlist on gpu with rules. I just cant view them

echo :>rule
echo password>wordlist
hashcat --stdout -r rule wordlist

using v6.2.4 or v6.2.3 on windows i get a window. hashcat.exe has stopped working

using v5.1.0 i get

hashcat64 --stdout -r rule wordlist
clBuildProgram(): CL_BUILD_PROGRAM_FAILURE

OpenCL\inc_types.cl(356): error: function "amd_bfe" declared implicitly
          ^

OpenCL\inc_types.cl(361): error: function "amd_bfe" declared implicitly
          ^

2 errors detected in the compilation of "C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Local\Temp\OCLFBFB.tmp.cl".
* Device #3: Kernel ./OpenCL/m02000_a0-pure.cl build failed - proceeding without this device.

UPDATE: I was able to use hashcat on *nix box for generating candidates without issue.
can you try the beta?

https://hashcat.net/beta/

i tried your example and it worked like expected, the only thing i noticed, after latest windows update, windows defender pops up every time im starting hashcat, so maybe try disabling it or put hashcat into "known applications"

also you could try

hashcat -D 1 --stdout -r rule password

to just use CPU for generating the pw-candidates