ERROR: to much combinations possible
I might be getting it! cuddaHashcat-lite apparently doesn't allow a -a entry, or I didn't see any way to enter that into the command line.

cudaHascat-plus does allow that entry by selecting Mode: Brute-force.

So, for those that follow maybe I can help say thanks for the remarkable program my doing a step by step on the gui.

Hashfile or hash: enter the hash file found previously, and don't post it all here (thanks for the hint, Hash-IT!) Either link to the .txt file that has the hash in it or paste the hash itself into this field.

Select Mode:Brute force. That will automatically enter the -a3 in the proper location of the command line. It is --attack-mode 3 in cudaHashcat-plus.

In the Mask field enter password?d?d?d?d for digits (but what if it's mixed letters, numbers or symbols?)

The "found.out" is from checking "Write recovered hashes to file" and changing the name to found.out.

Hit enter and it works!

Status.......: Exhausted
Input.Mode...: Mask (password12?d?d?d?d
Hash.Target..: d48xxxxxxxxxxxx8 (why not that whole hash?)
Hash.Type....: NTLM
Time.Running.: 1 sec
Time.Left....: 0 secs
Time.Util....: 1005.4ms/11.3ms Real
Speed........: 99463 c/s Real, 4
Recovered....: 0/1 Digests, 0/1 Sal
Progress.....: 100000/100000 (100.0
Rejected.....: 0/100000 (0.00%)
HW.Monitor.#1: 4% GPU, 54c Temp

Started: Wed Jun 13 15:19:15 2012
Stopped: Wed Jun 13 15:19:16 2012

Do I have this right? Now to try the all letters, or all symbols or mixed?
Sorry about my slow replies but I am having trouble with my internet connection for some reason.

Yes you are getting it !! Big Grin

However I have made an error, my fault entirely. I didn't notice that you were using cuda, so your command line would be...

Code:
cudaHashcat-lite32.exe --hash-type 1000  -o found.out d483d551exxxxxxe1308bxxxxxxb857c password12?d?d?d?d

(06-14-2012, 12:32 AM)ubuntublues Wrote: In the Mask field enter password?d?d?d?d for digits (but what if it's mixed letters, numbers or symbols?)

password?l?l?l?l lower alpha

password?s?s?s?s = symbols

password?u?u?u?u = upper

Define 1 by -1 luds

password?1?1?1?1 = Everything

(06-14-2012, 12:32 AM)ubuntublues Wrote: Hashfile or hash: enter the hash file found previously, and don't post it all here (thanks for the hint, Hash-IT!) Either link to the .txt file that has the hash in it or paste the hash itself into this field.

Hash.Target..: d48xxxxxxxxxxxx8 (why not that whole hash?)

I meant don't post your hash on the forum, it's not allowed. I wish I had a delete button sometimes !! Big Grin

You have to put the entire hash into the GUI though otherwise you will never find the password.
No need to apologize. I'm lucky to get any help.

I don't get this last one though and it looks like what I need since none of those worked so it must be a mixed password, probably with lower, upper and symbols.

But....

Status.......: Exhausted
Input.Mode...: Mask (password12?1?1?1?1?1)
Hash.Target..: d4xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx857c
Hash.Type....: MD5
Time.Running.: 0 secs
Time.Left....: 0 secs
Time.Util....: 997.6ms/0.0ms Real/CPU, 0.0% idle
Speed........: 0 c/s Real, 0 c/s GPU
Recovered....: 0/1 Digests, 0/1 Salts
Progress.....: 0/0 (0.00%)
Rejected.....: 0/0 (0.00%)
HW.Monitor.#1: 2% GPU, 54c Temp

Those are the number ones, aren't they? ?1?1?1?1?1

We might have a good thread for noobs when all done.
(06-14-2012, 01:08 AM)ubuntublues Wrote: Those are the number ones, aren't they? ?1?1?1?1?1

yes, but you have to define them like I said. In command line it would look like....

Code:
-1 ?l?u?d?s

In the GUI it is called charset - short for character set.

What that code above means is...

-1 define this number 1
luds = lower, upper, digit, symbol

So from now on 1 = ?l?u?d?s

(06-14-2012, 01:08 AM)ubuntublues Wrote: We might have a good thread for noobs when all done.

We have already got plenty of threads like that !!! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
*facepalm*

It's -1 ?l?u?d?s, NOT -1 luds.

I don't know how you missing something like that Hash-IT.
(06-14-2012, 01:31 AM)M@LIK Wrote: *facepalm*

Big Grin

Double facepalm !!! Smile

Oh dear, yes you are right of course. As I said a few posts ago I am having so much trouble with my interent connection I have to post as fast as I can before I lose connection. As soon as this chap is up and running I will go offline and try to fix it.

I will amend my previous post, thanks M@LIK.

EDIT

Hi ubuntublues

I am sure you have worked it out by now, I am going to have to go offline for a bit to see whats wrong with my connection.

Don't forget there is a good wiki here.
(06-14-2012, 01:34 AM)Hash-IT Wrote:
(06-14-2012, 01:31 AM)M@LIK Wrote: *facepalm*

Big Grin

Double facepalm !!! Smile

Oh dear, yes you are right of course. As I said a few posts ago I am having so much trouble with my interent connection I have to post as fast as I can before I lose connection. As soon as this chap is up and running I will go offline and try to fix it.

I will amend my previous post, thanks M@LIK.

EDIT

Hi ubuntublues

I am sure you have worked it out by now, I am going to have to go offline for a bit to see whats wrong with my connection.

Don't forget there is a good wiki here.

Thanks for the help, Hash-IT and all. It's running and I had a chance to get away from the box for a bit. For those who don't know, the solution was to paste the password12?1?1?1?1?1 into the Mask field and paste 1=?l?u?d?s in the Charset 1: field.

Done now and 0 recovered and this box has been unplugged for over a year so no great loss, but I know how to use hashcat now a little better. Honestly, I searched the forum a few times for forgot partial remember password etc and didn't see anything that helped.

Got it now and thanks.
I'm back online now, .... I think Sad

Thanks for popping back and letting us know you got it working.

If you checked your PM's I might have been able to help you further.