Removing Bad Hashes
@Hash-IT:: Replaying to your PM too:

What you want to do can be easily done using the following RegEx command:
Code:
^00000[^0]
This will remove any line starting with five zeros AND followed by any character other than a zero.

However, I can't see any point of doing that. Even if the hash starts with seven zeros, it is still a masked hash.
The chances of generating an SHA-1 hash starting with five zeros in a row are little to nothing!

Just to make everything clear.
Hash-IT is probably using ULM as a RegEx text editor, all the grep stuff won't do any good here.
(07-08-2012, 04:52 PM)undeath Wrote: o_O

grep -E '^[a-f0-9]{40}$' | grep -v '^00000'

Thank you undeath, Smile

Believe it or not I can almost follow what you have done there thanks ! It will also be useful to help me make other commands.

(07-08-2012, 04:53 PM)M@LIK Wrote: @Hash-IT:: Replaying to your PM too:

What you want to do can be easily done using the following RegEx command:
Code:
^00000[^0]
This will remove any line starting with five zeros AND followed by any character other than a zero.

However, I can't see any point of doing that. Even if the hash starts with seven zeros, it is still a masked hash.
The chances of generating an SHA-1 hash starting with five zeros in a row are little to nothing!

Just to make everything clear.
Hash-IT is probably using ULM as a RegEx text editor, all the grep stuff won't do any good here.

Thank you M@LIK, yes I was hoping to use the RegEx feature of ULM.

I only got as far as ^(00000) Sad I had thought of putting all other characters in [] but completely missed the point I could place a ^ in there to mean the opposite.

As I mentioned this isn't just for the linkedinset, it was just something I got stuck with and thought would be useful to know for other things.

Thank you.
Well, it always differs from one situation to another.
There's no one holly command which will help you always xD
[/quote]I am sure you have the least expensive phone bill out of all the people I know. Big Grin[/quote]

good one! Big Grin
and thank you, radix, that is a good idea actually

download checkers