oclHashcat-plus v0.10 and oclHashcat-lite v0.11
Hey atom,

Just curious on this:

"My original plan for this release was to wait for a more recent catalyst driver"

Any particular feature/improvement that you are seeing or expecting from the next catalyst driver? Have you seen good things from the 12.11 beta?

Thanks!
(01-05-2013, 11:47 AM)pragmatic Wrote: Any particular feature/improvement that you are seeing or expecting from the next catalyst driver? Have you seen good things from the 12.11 beta?

No but I know there are cards like 7970m that require later versions of catalyst (because of special bugs). Also the latest linux kernel wont work with cat 12.8. So it would be nice if I can stick to the latest version just because of the side-effects. The thing I saw from the 12.11 beta is just that it is slower Sad
(01-05-2013, 01:26 PM)atom Wrote:
(01-05-2013, 11:47 AM)pragmatic Wrote: Any particular feature/improvement that you are seeing or expecting from the next catalyst driver? Have you seen good things from the 12.11 beta?

No but I know there are cards like 7970m that require later versions of catalyst (because of special bugs). Also the latest linux kernel wont work with cat 12.8. So it would be nice if I can stick to the latest version just because of the side-effects. The thing I saw from the 12.11 beta is just that it is slower Sad

Ahh, thanks. That's ... disappointing, I was hopeful there for a minute. Smile
Hi Atom Thanks for very good program. Earlier all work perfectly but i have issue after upgrade version hashcat plus from 0.09 to 0.12 this program not work anymore on windows 8 x64 (with all latest updates) if i push button ''"Hash me" in HashcatGUI 0.241 CudaHashcat-plus64.exe instantly have crash. I try make change options in HashcatGUI (Windows compatibility options too) but its not help, my current options its brute wpa/wpa2 on nvidia card through CUDA( latest driver) . With hashcat-gui-0.5.1 hashcat plus 0.12 not work too but without crash just open console (cmd.exe) and nothing happen. .And it is impossible will return to old work app its hashcat plus 0.09 + HashcatGUI 0.23 because i have message - "This copy of cudahashcat-plus outdated" Get a more recent version. Please check this issue with windows 8 x64 if possible.
I find reason why application have crash. First i make new copy oclHashcat-plus-0.12 folder in HashcatGUI folder and i see EULA i push YES and - all work. Next for repeat this bug add in Worldlist 14 dictionaries - all work but if u add 15 and more - oclHashcat-plus64 have instantly crash ))
You are right there is a bug related to number of wordlists. Its known and already fixed. Next version will not have this bug.
Could you make ,,Non Catalyst 12.8 driver error" just a warning ? It's really annoying when I have to add --force parameter when oclHashcat is just wrong and I really have these drivers or when I'm forced to use another drivers because my graphics card requires newer version...
(01-13-2013, 12:11 AM)Kuci Wrote: when oclHashcat is just wrong and I really have these drivers

if hashcat says you don't have 12.8, then you don't have 12.8, plain and simple. if you ever installed a different version then uninstalled it, it didn't actually uninstall and you're still using that version. you need to use something like driver fusion to ensure that all previous catalyst versions are uninstalled.

there's a reason hashcat makes you use --force, and that is because you really shouldn't do it.
I haven't installed any other drivers than Catalyst 12.8. I've just reinstalled AMD App SDK (same version) and then it started showing this message.
You don't need AMD APP SDK. Remove it, install only Catalyst 12.8.