HP DL380 G7
Question 
Hi all!

I'm looking to convert an old Server into a password-cracking box for internal benchmarking and compliance checking. For this, I have a HP DL380 G7 with approximately 200GB of available RAM at my disposal. What I'd like to do is throw in a Graphics Card or two. However, I have no idea what to purchase - does anyone have any suggestions? I have £1500-£2000 to throw at it.

I'd love to hear your suggestions!

Thanks all!

David.
Any worthwhile GPU is going to be two slots wide and require a x16 length slot, throughput doesn't matter just as long as it is the correct length. Looks like the max you could do assuming all of your 4 slots on the back are full height and have one x16 length slot available would be 2 GPUs internally. The AMD 7970 would be a good start or 7990 if you really want to go fast. They do make adapter cables to adapt the correct length of slot if need be as well.
(08-14-2013, 07:00 PM)powderspecial600 Wrote: Any worthwhile GPU is going to be two slots wide and require a x16 length slot, throughput doesn't matter just as long as it is the correct length. Looks like the max you could do assuming all of your 4 slots on the back are full height and have one x16 length slot available would be 2 GPUs internally. The AMD 7970 would be a good start or 7990 if you really want to go fast. They do make adapter cables to adapt the correct length of slot if need be as well.

What is the PSU capable of supporting on this unit?
There are no worthwhile graphics cards that will work in a DL380. The system has no way of supplying external power to the GPUs, there's not enough room in the chassis for a GPU (cards are too long), system was not designed to dissipate that much heat, and I don't think the riser cards have 16x slots on them.
As previously commented by epixoip the following unit will not be capable of support the various GPU's available due to power requirements.

There is x16 slot/riser card option but would not help much.

http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/quick...ocid=13595