Catalyst 13.10 Beta
Hi guys, there is a new version of AMD Catalyst - version 13.10 Beta. Link: http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pag...river.aspx

My question is, is it safe to upgrade ? Is shared memory fixed ?
(10-05-2013, 11:59 AM)Kuci Wrote: Well, hashcat and oclHashcat have recovered exact number of hashes from the same hashlist with Catalyst 13.10 Beta, so I think it's safe to upgrade.

Hi Kuci Smile Different forum same people LOL

Are you sure it works for ALL hash types ?

I am grateful for your testing and I am sure you are right when you say it is safe to upgrade but I think there is more to it than that.

atom usually tells us when it is ok to upgrade, I think he does a lot of tests on our behalf in the background, stuff I don't know enough about Smile

Thank you very much for testing it though and especially letting us know there is a new driver available.
were you testing alu-bound algorithms which do not make use of shared memory?
I was testing just some MD5s, NTLMs, ... But I don't know. I will not stay since screen brightness is broken on my notebook with Catalyst 13.10 Beta. The fact is, I wasn't trying ALL the algorithms. I just tried those MD5s and NTLMs and then downgraded back to 13.8 Beta1. So, I will not continue with testing, because my only desktop card went gone and I need to be able to change screen brightness on my notebook.

Right now I say NO to upgrade, because this beta seems to be quite buggy...
(10-06-2013, 10:23 AM)Kuci Wrote: Right now I say NO to upgrade, because this beta seems to be quite buggy...

This seems to be always the way with AMD drivers, we are all full of hope that bugs will be fixed in new releases but we are frequently disappointed Sad

Early adoption has it's risks Smile