Automated Tests for Beta Testers
Hey Beta-Tester,

we've prepared an automated testing environment that helps us to check the most important of oclHashcat's features without user interaction. We need you to run this on your system so that we get results from as many as different configurations.

The test script is able to run on both linux and on windows but for windows it's required to have installed a bash-script interpreter. So, on windows, you would propably install cygwin and you're fine.

Once you're done with the tests you check the final report logfile for errors (detailed description how to do that later). Please report back whatever you have found errors or not. If there were errors, please try to reproduce it by the commandline from the logfile and post all required informations / files to reproduce it for us. Report OS, GPU model driver, etc. Best would be a clinfo output if you're on AMD.

There is no restriction to a specific driver. In theory, for AMD, every driver >= 13.4 is fine. For NV, every driver >= 319.37. Actually we would like to see results from different drivers as this is the situation in the wild. Don't change the one you're running right now.

Preparations:
  • Make sure you have the latest oclHashcat v1.00 beta installed. It should be at least beta62.
  • Make sure to have it unpacked into an non existing directory. That ensures you're not reusing any old cached kernel files and/or dictionary cache files.
  • Copy the keyfile
  • Unpack the .7z test system inside this oclHashcat installation
  • Run the oclExample0.sh, check the result is exactly 2190 cracked hashes when its finished. This step should make sure you'll accept the eula.

Running the Test-Script:
  • The total runtime depends a lot of your system of course. It can easily take up to 8 hours but don't worry it's not to do very heavy calculations in that time. 95% of the the time is spend for startup/shutdown.
  • For linux users I'd recommend to run it inside a screen session.

The Test-System has the following commandline switches that you need to define to whatever your system is:

Code:
-b    Select binary :
        'amd'    => oclHashcat64.bin (default)
        'nvidia' => cudaHashcat64.bin

-x    Select cpu architecture :
        '32'     => 32 bit architecture
        '64'     => 64 bit architecture (default)

-o    Select operating system :
        'win'    => windows operating system (use .exe file extension etc)
        'linux'  => *nix based operating systems (.bin for binaries)

So, here's how I'd run it on my linux system with hd6990:

Code:
$ test_1385640930/test.sh -b amd -x 64 -o linux

Or, if you are on windows, you'd do:

Code:
$ test_1385640930/test.sh -b amd -x 64 -o win

Well, I'm sure everyone understands this Smile

Once the script is done you can easily open the logfile test_1385640930/test_xxx* (changes on configuration) in a texteditor and search for " not " or "timeout". If nothing is found, good!

Happy testing and much thanks!
Oh btw, the testscript is in /beta
Does the script run on all available GPUs? If you have mixed GPUs, there could be card specific bugs. Also, some bugs were reported to happen only in multi-gpu setup.
Yeah, you can enable multi-gpu by removing the -d flag in the test.sh file (line 12 or so)
yeah finally! i am about to give it a try right now.
sch0.org
I will need some guidance here. I have installed, oclhashcat b62, the test folder inside and installed cygwin 64 bit. How do I make cygwin to run the bash file. Clicking on the .sh file asks what program to use. Pointing it to bash.exe does nothing (a window pop up and close without running anything). Anyone knows how to use cygwin properly to run the .sh files?
you need to run the cygwin.bat, that gives you the terminal, which is using a bash. then cd to /cygdrive and from there cd to your installation directory. for me, it is: cd /cygdrive/d/oclHashcat-1.00/
(11-29-2013, 08:59 AM)atom Wrote: you need to run the cygwin.bat, that gives you the terminal, which is using a bash. then cd to /cygdrive and from there cd to your installation directory. for me, it is: cd /cygdrive/d/oclHashcat-1.00/
I have done this already but if I do
Code:
bash cudaexample0.sh
or
Code:
sh cudaexample0.sh
It gives the error
Code:
cudaexample0.sh: line 1: ./cudaHashcat64.bin: cannot execute binary file
While running the test.sh file (command line: bash test.sh -b nvidia -x 64 -o win), I get the error:
Code:
Can't open perl script "tools/test.pl": No such file or directory
A new test folder was created with all empty files except the logfull.txt. The perl error is not mentioned in the logfull.txt (which is renamed test_report_nvidia.log once the script is completed). What I get in the logfull/test_report file is:
Code:
ERROR: hashfile is empty or corrupt
Which makes sense since all the files created in the new folder were empty.

EDIT: Also there were no perl script or tools folder in the package that I have downloaded from the beta section.
(11-29-2013, 12:58 PM)mastercracker Wrote:
(11-29-2013, 08:59 AM)atom Wrote: you need to run the cygwin.bat, that gives you the terminal, which is using a bash. then cd to /cygdrive and from there cd to your installation directory. for me, it is: cd /cygdrive/d/oclHashcat-1.00/
I have done this already but if I do
Code:
bash cudaexample0.sh
or
Code:
sh cudaexample0.sh
It gives the error
Code:
cudaexample0.sh: line 1: ./cudaHashcat64.bin: cannot execute binary file

Right, for windows please run the cudaExample0.cmd from outside cygwin.