Poll: Do you find Hashtopus interesting?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, I would use it
94.62%
88 94.62%
No, it's a shitty idea
5.38%
5 5.38%
Total 93 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Hashtopus - distributed solution
(03-04-2015, 04:45 PM)shuckitup Wrote: Curlyboi,

First can I say that this is a great piece of software. I've used hascat for years and I'm really enjoying what you've developped.

I'm having a slight problem that maybe you or someone else might be able to help me with.

I've gotten this setup and running fine on a windows box.

I'm now trying to get it to run on a linux box.

I've the correct catalyst driver installed. Created the .txt file as asked by the hashtopus client and it downloaded the correct hascat binary to run

The problem is when I assign a task to it. It seems to just hang at:

Creating tasks directory...OK
Loading task...assigned to 22, hashlist 5 (new)
Downloading hashlist 5...40 bytes
Requesting chunk...benchmark required (10s)
Benchmarking task for 10s...

Any ideas what might be going wrong?

add 'debug' at the end of the exe file and replicate the oclhashcat file so you can see where exactly hangs. Most commonly it could be of a driver issue, should be 12.9 exactly or overclocking problem or -n parameter too big...
(03-05-2015, 12:12 AM)s500bg Wrote:
(03-04-2015, 04:45 PM)shuckitup Wrote: Curlyboi,

First can I say that this is a great piece of software. I've used hascat for years and I'm really enjoying what you've developped.

I'm having a slight problem that maybe you or someone else might be able to help me with.

I've gotten this setup and running fine on a windows box.

I'm now trying to get it to run on a linux box.

I've the correct catalyst driver installed. Created the .txt file as asked by the hashtopus client and it downloaded the correct hascat binary to run

The problem is when I assign a task to it. It seems to just hang at:

Creating tasks directory...OK
Loading task...assigned to 22, hashlist 5 (new)
Downloading hashlist 5...40 bytes
Requesting chunk...benchmark required (10s)
Benchmarking task for 10s...

Any ideas what might be going wrong?

add 'debug' at the end of the exe file and replicate the oclhashcat file so you can see where exactly hangs. Most commonly it could be of a driver issue, should be 12.9 exactly or overclocking problem or -n parameter too big...

Thanks for the suggestions! I'm actually running driver 14.9 as suggested on the oclhashcat page. No problems with hascat running this dirver.

I started up the Hastopus client again this morning with debug enabled and for some reason it has now started to work fine!! No idea why, but so long as it keeps going I'm not going to worry Smile

Thanks again
(03-02-2015, 10:17 AM)vladimir125 Wrote: Hashcat download I saw that it you try to download the latest version of hashcat too quickly (ie more than 2 Mb/s) the server drops the connection, leaving you with a corrupted download. Is there an option to prevent hashtopus from downloading?
Maybe a --no-download switch? I'll manually download it on my server, so hashtopus will only have to extract and install it.
The perfect solution would be limiting the download rate, so other users won't experience such issue; however any workaround would be appreciateJust my 2 cents, good work!

This seems more like Apache issue, some kind of buffering problem.
I am having some troubles with zipped files.
Since my wordlists are a little big (200+Mb), I'd wish to transfer them compressed.
Looking at your video and manual, it seems something doable, however I can't make it run.

While creating a task, when I choose a 7zip file, I get the following syntax:
rockyou.txt.???

Is that ok?
I tried to remove the question marks or to replace them with the correct extension, it seems nothing happens.
Moreover, if I take a look at the rule and wordlist file, I can see two weird things:
  1. Zipped file is only 8 bytes long. Inspecting it, it only contains the string UNPACKED
  2. The rule files (no compression on them) are completely empty

Any ideas on that?
Hi guys!

I was hoping I could get some advice.

I have a cluster set up, running hashtopus, all devices are connected and able to run, however, I've found that the agents cannot return any cracked passwords due to the lack of a separator, I keep setting it in the server configuration, but it doesn't seem to be used.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Bruce.
Looking for some advice on Hashtopus.

Currently I have it up and running but I am unable to get my nvidia clients to extract the newest (1.35) version of hashcat.

It keeps reporting the following error msg when the client downloads from:
http://hashcat.net/files/cudaHashcat-1.35.7z

Hashtopus 0.9.1
Registering to server...Enter registration voucher: XXXXXXXXX
OK.
Logging into server...OK.
New Version available, downloading ... % % % % % %
Extracting archive C:\bin2\hashcat.7z...
Root directory was not unpacked or was incorrectly defined.

I do see the 7z archive DL fine as soon as it starts to unzip the file leaves a 7zr.exe is left.

I am on Windows 8.1 with nvidia 34600 drivers installed.

I have tried the following in order to resolve the issue
Supplementing my own 7zr on the server and in the install dir.
Supplementing the URL to cudaHashcat with a 1.33 on my own server.
Manually unzipping 1.35 to the folder and then running hashtopus.

Also is there a way to bypass the need for a valid ssl cert. For internal use I dont see why I cant just use a self signed cert. Prior to me setting one up the hashtopus client would not download the instructions from the server citing a HTTPS/TLS certificate error.
The problem was caused by misconfiguration of the Root directory (cudaHashcat instead of oclHashcat).

As for your certificate issue, just add the certificate to the trusted certificate store using Windows Management Console (mmc.exe) and loading the Certificate store plugin. Then import it into Trusted certificates.
(03-11-2015, 12:22 AM)vladimir125 Wrote: While creating a task, when I choose a 7zip file, I get the following syntax:
rockyou.txt.???
Any ideas on that?

When you check the file "rockyou.7z" on the right, the string "rockyou.???" will be added to the command line. You need to replace this ??? with the correct extension INSIDE the archive. So imagine you have rockyou.txt inside rockyou.7z (right in the root of the archive), then you simply change the "???" with "txt".

The "UNPACKED" string is put there by hashtopus. Once hashtopus unpacks the 7zip archive, there is no point for it to waste additional space on the drive so the contents of the original archive is replaced with this short string.
(03-19-2015, 04:10 PM)BumbleBee Wrote: I keep setting it in the server configuration, but it doesn't seem to be used.

The separator you set up in the admin is only for admin purposes, e.g. for displaying passwords and hashes in the admin.

Hashtopus agent and server components internally use 0x01 character as a separator and this cannot be changed in the admin. Maybe that is the reason it appears as there is no separator, some file viewers don't show that character. Use hex editor and you will see it.

At any rate, this is correct behaviour. If you wish to change the separator used, you need to alter the code of both agent (c#) and server.php (php)
(05-07-2014, 08:55 PM)curlyboi Wrote: There is manual draft which should give you pretty good info about what it can do and how you work with it:
http://hashtopus.nech.me/manual.html

You should add this url to the OP too!