Incremental commamnd
Brick 
Heyy i have a couple of questions... What command if possible would i use to make oclHashcat start at an incremental a-z and 0-9 up to 10 characters for example?? And without a dictionary if thats possible?? Also what would be a command for incremental with a-z, 0-9 and symbols?? Thanks.

Also, when it for example says 900 M p/s what is that in Hash's tested per second...? Thanks and sorry for the noob question :p
zeealpal Wrote:Heyy i have a couple of questions... What command if possible would i use to make oclHashcat start at an incremental a-z and 0-9 up to 10 characters for example?? And without a dictionary if thats possible?? Also what would be a command for incremental with a-z, 0-9 and symbols?? Thanks.

define a custom charset:

-1 ?l?d

this puts a-z and 0-9 into ?1 because ?l and ?d are built-in masks. if you do --help you can see this map:

Buildin-Masks:

?l = abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
?u = ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
?d = 0123456789
?s = !"#$%&'()*+,-./:;<=>?@[\]^_`{|}~

so the solution is this: oclHashcat.exe hashlist -1 ?l?d ?1?1?1?1 ?1?1?1?1?1?1

notice: i used 10 times ?1 which means the pw length = 10 (fixed!). to check pw length = 9 (and so on) just run it again and remove one ?1

if you want to check with a-z, 0-9 and symbols, then use this instead: -1 ?l?d?s

zeealpal Wrote:Also, when it for example says 900 M p/s what is that in Hash's tested per second...? Thanks and sorry for the noob question :p

its the same. it mean it converts 900.000.000 passwords to md5 and checks it against hashlist (per second).

--
atom
(05-20-2010, 05:13 PM)atom Wrote:
zeealpal Wrote:Heyy i have a couple of questions... What command if possible would i use to make oclHashcat start at an incremental a-z and 0-9 up to 10 characters for example?? And without a dictionary if thats possible?? Also what would be a command for incremental with a-z, 0-9 and symbols?? Thanks.

define a custom charset:

-1 ?l?d

this puts a-z and 0-9 into ?1 because ?l and ?d are built-in masks. if you do --help you can see this map:

Buildin-Masks:

?l = abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
?u = ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
?d = 0123456789
?s = !"#$%&'()*+,-./:;<=>?@[\]^_`{|}~

so the solution is this: oclHashcat.exe hashlist -1 ?l?d ?1?1?1?1 ?1?1?1?1?1?1

notice: i used 10 times ?1 which means the pw length = 10 (fixed!). to check pw length = 9 (and so on) just run it again and remove one ?1

if you want to check with a-z, 0-9 and symbols, then use this instead: -1 ?l?d?s

zeealpal Wrote:Also, when it for example says 900 M p/s what is that in Hash's tested per second...? Thanks and sorry for the noob question :p

its the same. it mean it converts 900.000.000 passwords to md5 and checks it against hashlist (per second).

--
atom

Ahh thanks Big Grin That makes alot more sense now. Just one thing... I have to know the password length then do i? It cannot start at a, then go up every letter/symbol atatime?? Lol probsnot...cos time ist an issue... im actually doing security in IT(student in high school), and wanted to test password cracking... plus im very interested in opencl testing. Like Luxrender on GPU
zeealpal Wrote:Ahh thanks Big Grin That makes alot more sense now. Just one thing... I have to know the password length then do i? It cannot start at a, then go up every letter/symbol atatime?? Lol probsnot...cos time ist an issue

of course you do not need to know the password length. if you want to check a password length range from password length 4 to 8 you just need to execute it 5 times with diffrent masks.
done in v0.22