Raedon HD 4770 support..?
Hi

Some way to use Raedon HD 4770 with OclHascat (GPU version) on Windows 7 x32 or x64 bits..?

I see in the notes about oclHashcat v1.20

Quote:AMD users require Catalyst 14.4 or later

I would use as I have tried other software and get a good performance but prefer to use if possible oclHashcat.

Thanks in advance
AMD dropped OpenCL support for Radeon HD 4000 series devices two years ago. It never had proper OpenCL support to begin with.

For a list of devices supported by Catalyst 14.4, see http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles...Notes.aspx
Thank you very much for the reply .. epixoip

I've tried Catalyst 13.9 Software Suite and Windows 7 x32 with Raedon HD 4770 and another password cracker software and really fine, for example I get an average of +/- 18000 k/s on a dictionary attack WPA / WPA2.

For a GPU a bit old and not the best is not bad.

So my query about the possibility that it also worked with oclHascat (something you'd rather)

A greeting.
13.9 Legacy isn't really 13.9. It's an updated wrapper for an older driver (12.6 iirc.)

But either way, the HD 4000 series was released before the release of OpenCL, and thus wasn't designed for OpenCL, and had several limitations running OpenCL. if you are running OpenCL applications, you should probably look into getting a device that was designed for OpenCL and has good OpenCL support.
Quote:But either way, the HD 4000 series was released before the release of OpenCL, and thus wasn't designed for OpenCL
I understand .. because the HD 4000 series was not designed for OpenCL is not possible to provide support.

epixoip, thanks again