A third slot for Oclhashcat
What I am suggesting might just be too long to do or not feasible at all but if it is not too hard here's the idea. Right now, Oclhashcat has what I would call 2 slots where you can put either a wordlist (with or without rules) or bruteforcing criterias. A third slot would be even better so you could have the equivalent of a prepend - Wordlist - Append. Right now, it is still feasible but requires 1 attack per prepend/append pair which leads to hundreds or thousands of attacks to achieve something that is relatively simple.
(05-23-2010, 05:29 PM)mastercracker Wrote: What I am suggesting might just be too long to do or not feasible at all but if it is not too hard here's the idea. Right now, Oclhashcat has what I would call 2 slots where you can put either a wordlist (with or without rules) or bruteforcing criterias. A third slot would be even better so you could have the equivalent of a prepend - Wordlist - Append. Right now, it is still feasible but requires 1 attack per prepend/append pair which leads to hundreds or thousands of attacks to achieve something that is relatively simple.

i had this implemented in an older version. the results were not as good as expected. the sessions run very very very long (i really mean long) and they cracked only a few. so i decided to remove it again. i can give you this old version if you want to try it. btw, in v0.19 you can emulate it by using -m 2 or -m 1. just add the words you want as 3rd concatination as salts. results are the same.
(05-23-2010, 07:05 PM)atom Wrote: btw, in v0.19 you can emulate it by using -m 2 or -m 1. just add the words you want as 3rd concatination as salts. results are the same.
I don't see how it would work unless there is something I have missed. In order to achieve it, I would have to make every combination of hashConfusedalt as I have of things to concatenate. For example to be sure to crack the hash cf1bf41e25f70e7941e4fa84ef8e29f7 for the password 1234test1234 using the -m 1 and the mask ?d?d?d?d Wordlist.txt, I would need to have in the hashlist cf1bf41e25f70e7941e4fa84ef8e29f7:0000, cf1bf41e25f70e7941e4fa84ef8e29f7:0001, cf1bf41e25f70e7941e4fa84ef8e29f7:0002... Up to 1234

All this would be needed for every single hash of the hashlist. Am I right or it is something I have missed?
Is there any switch in OclHashcat that allows the use a file containing the salts like in Hashcat?
not yet, but i will add -e feature in a later release Smile
done in v0.20, thread closed