cudaHashcat freezing mid-attack
This only started happening recently. I have no idea what's up.

I have a GTX 780 Ti GPU, I just upgraded to the latest version of cudaHashcat (v1.31; 64-bit) and I also updated my ForceWare drivers to the latest version as of today (344.65) but that didn't solve anything. It was happening before updating too of course.

The cudaHashcat64.exe process just stops responding or doing anything, normally after a couple of minutes. It happens against every hash type and every attack mode.

Happened with my old .restore file/pot file etc and with this new install which had no .restore/pot file etc.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!
this is a bug in 1.31. wait for the next release.
(11-14-2014, 10:35 PM)epixoip Wrote: this is a bug in 1.31. wait for the next release.

If you would read my OP,

Quote:It was happening before updating too of course.

Happens on v1.21 as well. It has always worked fine up until a couple of days ago.

Thanks.
yes, i know. it happens randomly. workaround is to just keep running it and crossing your fingers.
(11-15-2014, 01:43 AM)epixoip Wrote: yes, i know. it happens randomly. workaround is to just keep running it and crossing your fingers.

I still don't think you're getting what I'm saying.

Before 2 days ago, Hashcat had always ran _without problems_ consistently for _6 months_. It's _nothing_ to do with any updates.

I think it's an issue with my GPU. But I'd still love input from others.
and i don't think you get what i am saying.

you are describing the exact issue that many people have been complaining about on IRC and on these forums. it is a futex bug that results in deadlocked threads. the bug appears to have been present for a while, but it seems to trigger a lot more frequently in 1.31.

if you are absolutely positive that you are not experiencing the same problem that literally every other hashcat user on the planet is currently experiencing, then the only other explanation is an asic hang. which either means you have cooling issues, or it means you have a bad gpu. take your pick.