Possible bug
Hi. I think I have read something about this somewhere but can't find it back. I wanted to prepend the symbol % in front of a wordlist by using the code
Code:
--rule-left="^%"
However it seems to be misinterpreted as only ^ and it makes OclHashcat crash. Is it a bug or is there another way to make OclHashcat do it?
iirc, the character ^ is (was?) the escape character on windows shell. so it is possible to create problems. not really sure about.

at least on my win7 box it does not crash, it worked as expected. but maybe it causes problems on older windows versions. please, can you try to workaround it doing this: escape the escape character with --rule-left="^^%"

i played around a bit with invalid rules and then was able to find a rule that always leads to a crash. i will catch this error in next version v0.20, so oclHashcat will show a error message and not crash. thanks for the report on this.
(05-27-2010, 09:54 AM)atom Wrote: iirc, the character ^ is (was?) the escape character on windows shell. so it is possible to create problems. not really sure about.

at least on my win7 box it does not crash, it worked as expected. but maybe it causes problems on older windows versions. please, can you try to workaround it doing this: escape the escape character with --rule-left="^^%"

i played around a bit with invalid rules and then was able to find a rule that always leads to a crash. i will catch this error in next version v0.20, so oclHashcat will show a error message and not crash. thanks for the report on this.
All the other rules using the ^ character for prepend works. The only combination is with the % symbol (^% rule). I have tried using ^^% as a rule but it end up recognizing ^^ only.
fixed with oclHashcat v0.25 :-)