PACK-0.0.4
Hi

I have a 170MB wordlist I am analysing with rulegen and so far it's taken a few hours and made a rule file 2.6GB in size.

I thought the rules would be extracted and displayed 1 per line. However my wordlist contains 15M words and the analysis file contain 117M and growing. Is this suppose to happen, it's taking a very long time.

Anyone has experience with PACK and can share their insight? Anyone know of a better alternative?
How far into the analysis was it when you posted these stats?

It's a pretty intense analysis. I am currently processing a 1.3GB wordlist (154,094,601 words), and it's running at roughly 2500 p/sec (according to rulegen's status output). At this rate, it's going to take about 17.5 hours to complete on my system. At the 1.2M mark, the .word file was 17M, and the .rule file was 145M. How does your performance compare to this?

Also, what's your system load? Depending on your system load, you may want to use the --threads option to limit your threads to the number of available/idle cores.
~
(01-30-2015, 09:24 AM)royce Wrote: How far into the analysis was it when you posted these stats?

It's a pretty intense analysis. I am currently processing a 1.3GB wordlist (154,094,601 words), and it's running at roughly 2500 p/sec (according to rulegen's status output). At this rate, it's going to take about 17.5 hours to complete on my system. At the 1.2M mark, the .word file was 17M, and the .rule file was 145M. How does your performance compare to this?

Also, what's your system load? Depending on your system load, you may want to use the --threads option to limit your threads to the number of available/idle cores.

Thanks for the answer. It seemed it was working as intended. Although my computer shutdown unexpectedly which was annoying.