Help an idiot.
So I've got quite a huge Wordlist folder around 35GB - dupe free and sorted. I've been using oclHashcat GUI recently and apparently using Hashcat through the CMD is a lot of quicker and more efficient? my source may be wrong.

I've got 0 experience in using the Command Line for anything - few questions.

I understand the basics of an hashes.txt file, hashes_found.txt, but I'd also like to the line to include remove a hash from hashes.txt when found. I understand the modes, 2811 being IPB etc, that is not a problem.

I've completely deleted everything Hashcat related, now I just need to know how to execute a line on the CMD, so it can find my Wordlists directory, and obviously the Hashcat directory. 

Thanks. 
(09-06-2016, 07:51 AM)HashCatHelp123 Wrote: I've completely deleted everything Hashcat related, now I just need to know how to execute a line on the CMD, so it can find my Wordlists directory, and obviously the Hashcat directory. 

Thanks. 

Another noob! Hello! lol
Did you download hashcat 2.01?
https://hashcat.net/files_legacy/oclHashcat-2.01.7z (for AMD gpu's)
or:
https://hashcat.net/files_legacy/cudaHashcat-2.01.7z (for Nvidia gpu's)
Unpack it into your windows user folder. Then open a cmd window and type:
cd oclHashcat-2.01
Then press ENTER to change to that directory.
(or copy that text and right-click inside the cmd window, scroll to "paste" and left click then press Enter - MUCH EASIER!)
OR: if you have an Nvidia gpu that text will be:
cd cudaHashcat-2.01
Now copy/paste in some command to fire up hashcat. For example, to test a handshake.hccap against the rockyou.txt dictionary, it would be:
cudahashcat64 -m 2500 handshake.hccap rockyou.txt
then press ENTER.
Notes: You'll first have to copy/paste both your handshake.hccap AND the rockyou.txt dictionary into your hashcat folder. Also, if you're using the 32 bit hashcat or oclHashcat you'll have to put the correct text as the first word of the above command, so use the correct one of the following:
oclHashcat32 oclHashcat64 cudaHashcat32 cudaHashcat64
Finally: If you downloaded Hashcat 3.10, well... I can't help you! I still haven't figured out how to get it to build for win32 win64. (yet)
(09-06-2016, 09:27 AM)Hosehead1 Wrote:
(09-06-2016, 07:51 AM)HashCatHelp123 Wrote: I've completely deleted everything Hashcat related, now I just need to know how to execute a line on the CMD, so it can find my Wordlists directory, and obviously the Hashcat directory. 

Thanks. 

Another noob! Hello! lol
Did you download hashcat 2.01?
https://hashcat.net/files_legacy/oclHashcat-2.01.7z (for AMD gpu's)
or:
https://hashcat.net/files_legacy/cudaHashcat-2.01.7z (for Nvidia gpu's)
Unpack it into your windows user folder. Then open a cmd window and type:
cd oclHashcat-2.01
Then press ENTER to change to that directory.
(or copy that text and right-click inside the cmd window, scroll to "paste" and left click then press Enter - MUCH EASIER!)
OR: if you have an Nvidia gpu that text will be:
cd cudaHashcat-2.01
Now copy/paste in some command to fire up hashcat. For example, to test a handshake.hccap against the rockyou.txt dictionary, it would be:
cudahashcat64 -m 2500 handshake.hccap rockyou.txt
then press ENTER.
Notes: You'll first have to copy/paste both your handshake.hccap AND the rockyou.txt dictionary into your hashcat folder. Also, if you're using the 32 bit hashcat or oclHashcat you'll have to put the correct text as the first word of the above command, so use the correct one of the following:
oclHashcat32 oclHashcat64 cudaHashcat32 cudaHashcat64
Finally: If you downloaded Hashcat 3.10, well... I can't help you! I still haven't figured out how to get it to build for win32 win64. (yet)

Thanks for the reply, got the CMD working, well, "cd oclHashcat-2.01"
Unsure what you mean in regards to "handshake.hccap", also I've got the Rockyou.txt dictionary in my personals wordlists folder. 

Does -m represent the mode (hash type), and 2500 = WPA/WPA2 1 (not looking to WPA crack).

Lets say I wanted to test my hashes.txt with the mode being IPB (2811), and the output file would simply be created to my desktop (or anywhere of convenience). How would I go about this? I can't get my head around also what command I'd need to include for it to test against all of my wordlists, as there's about 35gb in an individual folder.
To view the help menu and all the command line options run:
Code:
./cudaHashcat64.bin -h
^This command will help you figure out questions like these in the future, best to look here before posting on the forums.

For your specific scenario (Mode IPB, Remove hash when found, outfile in desktop directory, multiple wordlists) run:
Code:
./cudaHashcat64.bin  -m 2811 --remove -o ~/Desktop/cracked_IPB.txt hashes.txt path/to/wordlist/directory/*