Hi , My First Thread
Hi Team
I am thrilled to enter into wonderful world of password cracking which is termed as impossible.
I am awestruck by great work & efforts you have put in reverse engineering and developing tools.

I am absolutely new in this realm & Want to learn and develop skills . To begin with I wan to attempt to get password for some of xlsx files . The rude way to do this is to spend millions in distributed computing . But I think you have the SMART way. Congratulations.
Since I am absolutely new bee my posts could be ignorant type . Kindly bear with me.
I am hopeful I will learn skills to crack at least any MS office password.
Wishing you all the Best.
Thank You.
(06-15-2017, 10:10 AM)athena Wrote: Hi Team
I am thrilled to enter into wonderful world of password cracking which is termed as impossible.
I am awestruck by great work & efforts you have put in reverse engineering and developing tools.

I am absolutely new in this realm & Want to learn and develop skills . To begin with I wan to attempt to get password for some of xlsx files . The rude way to do this is to spend millions in distributed computing . But I think you have the SMART way. Congratulations.
Since I am absolutely new bee my posts could be ignorant type . Kindly bear with me.
I am hopeful I will learn skills to crack at least any MS office password.
Wishing you all the Best.
Thank You.

Guys
How should I start my Mission of decrypting  XLSX file. Is there any tutorial to begin with.
DO I will have to by Nvdia Quadro graphics cards or my Basic desktop will be enough ?
Can someone pls. guide.
Thank You
Try reading the wiki first https://hashcat.net/wiki/

You will need office2hashcat to extract the password hash

Nvidia Quadro are no good, get a gtx 1080ti
Hi TofuBoy22
Thanks for suggestions . I have started reading & have dropped plans to buy Nvidia Quadro cards.
I have submitted this file for online password recovery , for last 8 days it has stuck up at 92 %.
I am wondering why supercomputers from there Datacenters are so slow.
Happy Weekend

(06-16-2017, 10:43 AM)TofuBoy22 Wrote: Try reading the wiki first https://hashcat.net/wiki/

You will need office2hashcat to extract the password hash

Nvidia Quadro are no good, get a gtx 1080ti
Hi
I am trying to download this file , but unable to get it. Do I will have to purchase it ?
Guys Good Morning.
I have made little progress and have hashed my xlsx file. I have used latest python version (v.3.6) & Cudahashcat v2.01 . I have Nvidia Geforce 8400 GS graphics card , I have installed latest 8 series drives as well.
I have also used latest nvcuda.dll (v 6.14.13.142 )
When I run hashcat , I am getting error -- Generating bitmap tables with 16 bits ---
" No Nvidia compatible platform found "
What is wrong & what should I do to correct it ? Here are snaps of the error -
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2HFQZA...sp=sharing
Thank you
Regards
8400 GS is very old and not supported.
1. Buy a good graphic card like nvidia gtx 1070/1080/1080ti.
2. extract the hash from your Office file thanks to office2hashcat
3. crack the extracted hash thanks to the last hashcat version
Hi Mem5 & undeath.
Yes I am using AMD opteron dual core 2gb ram , its indeed good upto creating hash only. I need to build a really fast pc for cracking.
Is there anyway to outsource this process ? I will pay for the same. I am putting a request for the same.
Thank you so much .

(06-19-2017, 12:23 PM)Mem5 Wrote: 1. Buy a good graphic card like nvidia gtx 1070/1080/1080ti.
2. extract the hash from your Office file thanks to office2hashcat
3. crack the extracted hash thanks to the last hashcat version
Serarch for rig rental on google if you don't want to run it at home. Or use online password cracking services.
AMD opteron dual core is bad for hash cracking. Buy a good graphic card or use online services.