noob question
I have a file with:     user   email    hashed-pass    spaced out on each line
Is there a command for windows hashcat to find the hash on each line, crack it with a dictionary, and have the output exactly the same as the input but replace the hashed-pass with the cracked-pass?
Excuse my stupidity
It's explained here: https://hashcat.net/faq#how_can_i_show_p...ilpassword

Code:
hashcat -m 0 -a 0 -w 3 --username --separator " " hash.txt dict.txt

hashcat -m 0 --username --separator " " --show  --outfile-format 2 hash.txt
(08-16-2017, 09:05 AM)philsmd Wrote: It's explained here: https://hashcat.net/faq#how_can_i_show_p...ilpassword

Code:
hashcat -m 0 -a 0 -w 3 --username --separator " " hash.txt dict.txt

hashcat -m 0 --username --separator " " --show  --outfile-format 2 hash.txt

I tried running the first line of code and it didn't work, idk what to do with the second since it doesn't point to a dictionary
Never mind, I realize after reading the link those commands are ran separately, however the first command still doesn't work, the actual format has usernames names(sometimes full names) emails hashed-passwords. Also, is the - w necessary? The error is 'failed to parse hashes in the native hashcat format' and 'line length exception' is the separator is space, and just 'failed to parse hashes in the native hashcat format' when the separator is set to tab (which is actually what separates them). Yes I made sure it's the right hash mode
Hashcat only supports these formats:
with --username
user/name/email:hash

or without --username
hash

all other formats need to be externally converted to one of these formats.

you could for instance (externally with a text editor or other tool of your choice) just remove all spaces within or between username and email to convert it to a format like this:

use --username --separator " "
usernames:name:email hash

or --username (default separator)
username name email:hash

It should be obvious that whenever you choose the format as usernames:name:email hash there should be no spaces within the username, name or email
... and if you choose the format username name email:hash there should be no colon ":" within the username, name and/or email.

Even better would be to use just one identifier, say email (if you are sure that only one user uses a certain email address), such that the hash list isn't that big and the amount of data hashcat needs to load/store is limited to only the bytes necessary.
Have you even looked at the potfile?
(08-16-2017, 06:10 PM)epixoip Wrote: Have you even looked at the potfile?

Yes, everything I have talked about has been working, just sometimes it can be tricky to to set up the database in that exact format