NVIDIA and AMD on the same system?
Question 
Hi guys,

I have both AMD and NVIDIA GPU cards, I remember that around 2011 it was not possible to use them together. Is there a way now to install drivers for both and use them together at hashcat?

If yes, can I split the same cracking method between them and hashcat will share the load? Or need a instance of hashcat for each of them and use different cracking method?

Thanks.
You can use them all at once.
(09-05-2017, 06:34 PM)undeath Wrote: You can use them all at once.

Awesome, thanks for quick answer.

Any special guidance? Or just install the drivers for each and run hashcat and it will detect both and load kernels for both? Smile

Thanks.
Just install the drivers.
Cool! Thx!
(09-05-2017, 11:18 PM)undeath Wrote: Just install the drivers.

Hi,

Just an additional question (maybe dumb). I have seen some chassis manufactures telling that they sell motherboard with 2 different CPUs because each CPU is only able to handle up to 4 GPUs. Is it true? Is there a limit of GPUs that a CPU can handle?

Thanks.
They might be talking about available PCIe lanes for x16 or x8 speed but that's completely irrelevant for hashcat. It does not cause the system being unable to utilise those cards.

iirc AMD drivers were limited to 8 GPUs (regardless of the number of CPUs). I don't remember if Nvidia has/had a similar limit or if AMD has lifted or increased that limit.
(09-07-2017, 10:07 AM)undeath Wrote: They might be talking about available PCIe lanes for x16 or x8 speed but that's completely irrelevant for hashcat. It does not cause the system being unable to utilise those cards.

iirc AMD drivers were limited to 8 GPUs (regardless of the number of CPUs). I don't remember if Nvidia has/had a similar limit or if AMD has lifted or increased that limit.

Awesome, thanks for heads-up. Smile

Best regards.