No duplicated characters when cracking wpa2 password
Question 
Hello,
i have search across the forum but i don't find a precise answer on that question. ( i appologize in advance for my bad english)

I try to crack an hccpax file with hashcat but it seems i need to use maskprocessor because the options i want to use are not available with hashcat single.

More precisely, the password to crack is exactly 8 characters long, only uppercase and letters and shouldn't contain more that 2 same letters consecutively. Futhermore, it shouldn't contain more that 4 times the same letter in the word.

Just like this one: https://hashcat.net/forum/thread-7836.ht...duplicated

So i have seen that there were two interessings commands with mp:

-q 2
-r 4

But i don't know how to associate them with hashcat.
I am on windows 10 and i tried to use

Code:
cd C:\Users\Me\Downloads\maskprocessor-0.73\maskprocessor-0.73
mp64 -q 2 -r 4 ?u?u?u?u?u?u?u?u | cd C:\Users\Me\Downloads\hashcat-4.2.1\ && hashcat64.exe -m 2500 -a 3 C:\Users\Me\Downloads\hashcat-4.2.1\handshakes\01.hccapx

But nothing appear when i enter this command.
Maybe i should use a mask file with hashcat ?
But if i understood correctly there aren't the "-q" and "-r" options with hashcat only ?! So i have to use mp but i am not even capable to enter a correct command
:/
So if anyone here would have the kindness to help me a little or even give me the correct command i would be very gratefull Big Grin
It's a known bug: https://github.com/hashcat/hashcat/issues/1705

As a workaround you can either switch to linux or use an older hashcat version.
you also can't really pipe like this:
command1 | cd && command2

you need to do it like this:

command1 | command2

therefore something like this:
Code:
cd C:\Users\Alexandre\Downloads\hashcat-4.2.1\
C:\Users\Alexandre\Downloads\maskprocessor-0.73\maskprocessor-0.73\mp64 -q 2 -r 4 ?u?u?u?u?u?u?u?u | hashcat64.exe -m 2500 -a 0 handshakes\01.hccapx
(09-29-2018, 09:24 AM)atom Wrote: It's a known bug: https://github.com/hashcat/hashcat/issues/1705

As a workaround you can either switch to linux or use an older hashcat version.

I tried the first time on The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali) linux but there was a problem with the driver of my graphic Card and hashcat. I saw it was an known bug too. So i switched to Windows... Do you know wich one older version is good to use ?

(09-29-2018, 11:50 AM)philsmd Wrote: you also can't really pipe like this:
command1 | cd && command2

you need to do it like this:

command1 | command2

therefore something like this:
Code:
C:\Users\Alexandre\Downloads\maskprocessor-0.73\maskprocessor-0.73\mp64 -q 2 -r 4 ?u?u?u?u?u?u?u?u | hashcat64.exe -m 2500 -a 0 handshakes\01.hccapx

Thank you, i have tried this command and it seems to be correct but it stop immediately and i got this message :

Code:
C:\Users\Alexandre>C:\Users\Alexandre\Downloads\maskprocessor-0.73\maskprocessor-0.73\mp64 -q 2 -r 4 ?u?u?u?u?u?u?u?u | C:\Users\Alexandre\Downloads\hashcat-4.2.1\hashcat64 -m 2500 -a 0 handshakes\01.hccapx
hashcat (v4.2.1) starting...

./hashcat.hctune: No such file or directory

Started: Sat Sep 29 19:25:24 2018
Stopped: Sat Sep 29 19:25:24 2018
^C
C:\Users\Alexandre>
But i checked and the file is in the folder. But ther is not any / or . behind it.
go to hashcat folder and click path browser-remove all-write cmd-after try with opened cmd window.
the command I told you to use was different:
1. enter the hashcat folder within the cmd:
Code:

2. afterwards run hashcat within that specific folder:
Code:

I'm not sure why you even think about changing the commands like you do. You need to do it correctly as I mentioned, changing the folders won't work because the files clearly are not within the C:\Users\Alexandre folder but within the hashcat folder ( C:\Users\Alexandre\Downloads\hashcat-4.2.1\ ) instead. Therefore, you need to enter that folder
(09-30-2018, 10:46 AM)philsmd Wrote: the command I told you to use was different:
1. enter the hashcat folder within the cmd:
Code:

2. afterwards run hashcat within that specific folder:
Code:

I'm not sure why you even think about changing the commands like you do. You need to do it correctly as I mentioned, changing the folders won't work because the files clearly are not within the C:\Users\Alexandre folder but within the hashcat folder ( C:\Users\Alexandre\Downloads\hashcat-4.2.1\ ) instead. Therefore, you need to enter that folder

Hello,
I'm sorry for this mistake. I modify my command and now it seems to perfectly work, thank you very much !

What i got is this
Code:
C:\Users\Alexandre\Downloads\hashcat-4.2.1>C:\Users\Alexandre\Downloads\maskprocessor-0.73\maskprocessor-0.73\mp64 -q 2 -r 4 ?u?u?u?u?u?u?u?u | hashcat64.exe -m 2500 -a 0 handshaketest.hccapx
hashcat (v4.2.1) starting...

* Device #1: WARNING! Kernel exec timeout is not disabled.
            This may cause "CL_OUT_OF_RESOURCES" or related errors.
            To disable the timeout, see: https://hashcat.net/q/timeoutpatch
nvmlDeviceGetFanSpeed(): Not Supported

OpenCL Platform #1: NVIDIA Corporation
======================================
* Device #1: GeForce GTX 1060, 1536/6144 MB allocatable, 10MCU

Hashes: 8 digests; 4 unique digests, 1 unique salts
Bitmaps: 16 bits, 65536 entries, 0x0000ffff mask, 262144 bytes, 5/13 rotates
Rules: 1

Applicable optimizers:
* Zero-Byte
* Single-Salt
* Slow-Hash-SIMD-LOOP

Minimum password length supported by kernel: 8
Maximum password length supported by kernel: 63

Watchdog: Temperature abort trigger set to 90c

Starting attack in stdin mode...

Cracking performance lower than expected?

* Append -w 3 to the commandline.
 This can cause your screen to lag.

* Update your OpenCL runtime / driver the right way:
 https://hashcat.net/faq/wrongdriver

* Create more work items to make use of your parallelization power:
 https://hashcat.net/faq/morework

Session..........: hashcat
Status...........: Running
Hash.Type........: WPA-EAPOL-PBKDF2
Hash.Target......: handshaketest.hccapx
Time.Started.....: Sun Sep 30 17:35:03 2018 (10 secs)
Time.Estimated...: Sun Sep 30 17:35:13 2018 (0 secs)
Guess.Base.......: Pipe
Speed.Dev.#1.....:   159.1 kH/s (7.23ms) @ Accel:32 Loops:16 Thr:1024 Vec:1
Recovered........: 0/4 (0.00%) Digests, 0/1 (0.00%) Salts
Progress.........: 1310720
Rejected.........: 0
Restore.Point....: 0
Candidates.#1....: ABAEKJFU -> ABAFGMGY
HWMon.Dev.#1.....: Temp: 57c Util: 97% Core:1594MHz Mem:3802MHz Bus:16

And i got plenty others like this one :
Code:
Session..........: hashcat
Status...........: Running
Hash.Type........: WPA-EAPOL-PBKDF2
Hash.Target......: handshaketest.hccapx
Time.Started.....: Sun Sep 30 17:35:03 2018 (20 secs)
Time.Estimated...: Sun Sep 30 17:35:23 2018 (0 secs)
Guess.Base.......: Pipe
Speed.Dev.#1.....:   158.1 kH/s (7.24ms) @ Accel:32 Loops:16 Thr:1024 Vec:1
Recovered........: 0/4 (0.00%) Digests, 0/1 (0.00%) Salts
Progress.........: 2949120
Rejected.........: 0

Do you have any idea if everything is right ?
I have not any problem at all to wait several days with the script running but I just want to be sure that i will not do all of this for nothing Smile
It's the first time i use it so i 'm a little scared because i don't see any progress bar ending. But i suppose it will be relatively quick !

Because every characters are uppercase and there is no number or special characters...
And again, thank you for your time and your kindness. I'm very gratefull to you Smile
When piping in candidates hashcat cannot show you any progress. It is working however. You can verify this by seeing the "progress" counter increasing:
Progress.........: 2949120

You can speed up hashcat a bit by appending -O to its command line.