Running maskprocessor on Mac
Hi, I'm new to this - could anyone tell me if there's a way to install and run maskprocessor on the Mac?

I have a hashed SHA512 password I'm trying to crack which I know is between 6 and 9 lower case letters and has 321 on the end, but I can't find a way to build a rule that works and the ETA otherwise is "until the next Big Bang"

Thanks!
(01-06-2019, 08:07 PM)ry2019 Wrote: Hi, I'm new to this - could anyone tell me if there's a way to install and run maskprocessor on the Mac?

I have a hashed SHA512 password I'm trying to crack which I know is between 6 and 9 lower case letters and has 321 on the end, but I can't find a way to build a rule that works and the ETA otherwise is "until the next Big Bang"

Thanks!

It simply needs to be compiled. There is binaries precompiled  here:

https://github.com/hashcat/maskprocessor/releases

I'd suggest to build a brute attack initially to test if its worth while with the lowest denominator of characters.

hashcat64.exe -m xxxx -a 3 -w 4 hash.txt ?l?l?l?l?l?l321
pause

if this also takes a lifetime to crack than there's no point looking forward.
what do you need maskprocessor for if all you want to do is run a simple mask attack?
(01-06-2019, 11:03 PM)undeath Wrote: what do you need maskprocessor for if all you want to do is run a simple mask attack?

I'm just trying to get my head around how to use Hashcat and Masks and through the maskprocessor might help me to make sure the mask was typed correctly.

The latest stumbling block is I'm getting 'invalid mask' when I try to run a Hybrid attack using the following:

./hashcat -a 6 -m 7100 /Users/username/hashcat/hash.txt /Users/username/hashcat/dic/dictionary.txt ?l?l?l?l?l?l?321 —potfile-path /tmp/cracked_hash.pot

I've also tried

./hashcat -a 6 -m 7100 /Users/username/hashcat/hash.txt /Users/username/hashcat/dic/dictionary.txt ?$3$2$1 potfile-path /tmp/cracked_hash.pot

When I run a brute attack, it works fine but says it'll take 73 days and I'm pretty sure the word will be in the dictionary and definitely has 321 on the end
(01-06-2019, 08:31 PM)slyexe Wrote:
(01-06-2019, 08:07 PM)ry2019 Wrote: Hi, I'm new to this - could anyone tell me if there's a way to install and run maskprocessor on the Mac?

Thanks!

It simply needs to be compiled. There is binaries precompiled  here:

https://github.com/hashcat/maskprocessor/releases

I'd suggest to build a brute attack initially to test if its worth while with the lowest denominator of characters.

hashcat64.exe -m xxxx -a 3 -w 4 hash.txt ?l?l?l?l?l?l321
pause

if this also takes a lifetime to crack than there's no point looking forward.

Thanks! Yes I'm currently trying a brute attack with 6 letters and 321 appended to the end and it says 2 days, 17 hours. I only have an old Mac with an AMD Firepro 300 which probably doesn't help.

What I'm trying to do to speed it up is try a dictionary attack with 321 appended to the end of each word but when I use mode 6 (is that the right mode?), Hashcat doesn't like my mask and says 'Invalid Mask', just changing the mode to 3 and it runs fine
You have a wordlist to try and some rules. Easy.
Did you read the --help ?

At the bottom, you'll find 'Basic Examples'. Example 2 talks about wordlist + rules.
I am sure you can figure out now what to do. You can do this!
B
(01-07-2019, 09:36 PM)Karamba Wrote: You have a wordlist to try and some rules. Easy.

At the bottom, you'll find 'Basic Examples'. Example 2 talks about wordlist + rules.

Thanks, I’ll try my best!

From what I’ve read in the help file, it seems that I have to create a rule file. Would I create that by using a text editor, entering the following $3 $2 $1 : 
and then saving with the extension .rule into the rules folder

Then add -r /RuleName.rule before the output part of the line?

Or is there more involved in creating a .rule?

Will have a go when I get home 

Thanks again
(01-07-2019, 09:57 PM)ry2019 Wrote: B
(01-07-2019, 09:36 PM)Karamba Wrote: You have a wordlist to try and some rules. Easy.

Thanks, I’ll try my best!

From what I’ve read in the help file, it seems that I have to create a rule file. Would I create that by using a text editor, entering the following $3 $2 $1 : 
and then saving with the extension .rule into the rules folder

Then add -r /RuleName.rule before the output part of the line?

Or is there more involved in creating a .rule?

Will have a go when I get home 

Thanks again

So I managed to get it going with a rule I created by running in mode 0. With mode 3 I was getting “-r unsupported file type”
As you can read here https://hashcat.net/wiki/, next to rule-based-attack, you'll see that rules only apply for attack 0, 6 an 7.