same attack, no results
I launched a rule based dictionary attack, stopped it at like 12% and when i launch the same attack again hashcat removes already found hashes but finds 0 new, what could be the problem? I guess there is something wrong since it happens literally every time and idk what to do here, not stopping attacks at this point but ubuntu freezes completely sometimes so i need to reboot the computer.. any help would be appreciated thanks.
So you run an attack, which appears to take a while since you are stopping it at 12%, and restarting it and wondering why the hashes in your potfile already are not getting cracked a second time? Did you make it to something higher than 12% when you restarted it to look for cracks? Because you are likely just redoing the part you already pulled all the cracks from, which would obviously result in 0 new cracks since it's already been done.
(04-23-2019, 05:02 AM)Chick3nman Wrote: So you run an attack, which appears to take a while since you are stopping it at 12%, and restarting it and wondering why the hashes in your potfile already are not getting cracked a second time? Did you make it to something higher than 12% when you restarted it to look for cracks? Because you are likely just redoing the part you already pulled all the cracks from, which would obviously result in 0 new cracks since it's already been done.

Hashes that has been cracked already are removed. I'm wondering why the other 88% is not getting cracked. The moment i stopped the first attack, hashcat was finding like 40 hashes per second and there were still lots of hashes to be found, i stopped it because i wanted to try a different attack since i thought it's not gonna be a problem to continue the attack later. First attack was running for 2 hours, and the second time i ran it for 3 hours to make sure it's not cracking first 12% all over again (which it didn't since they were removed from queue), and still nothing. The first attack was obviously gonna crack more hashes than it did..
If you want to resume an attack you should use the session restore feature or the brain server.