Hashcat temperature control only works when one GPU used at a time?
Hey, so I've run into a strange issue with Hashcat v4.1 on Ubuntu 18.04. It seems that the GPU temperature control only works when a single GPU is used at a time. When enabling two GPUs at once, the GPU auto fan speed kicks in which is way more conservative and leads to much higher temps and therefore crashes.
I've just now tried upgrading to v5.1, but it seems the GPU fan speed control was removed entirely?

This is a dual R9 290 setup with AMDGPU-Pro OpenCL drivers.
AFAIK, Hashcat does not control your fans at all, the only thing that may be possible is workload throttling. Im not sure which software is recommended to set custom fan curves for ubuntu though.
(08-18-2019, 02:55 PM)NoReply Wrote: AFAIK, Hashcat does not control your fans at all, the only thing that may be possible is workload throttling. Im not sure which software is recommended to set custom fan curves for ubuntu though.

I don't believe that's true, as Hashcat v4 had a command line option "gpu-temp-retain" that would attempt to hit a given temperature target through PWM fan control.
fan control mechnisms have been removed from hashcat.