does not see the second processor 48 cores/ see only 24 cores
there is a computer with 2 processors with a total of 48 cores and 96 threads, but when I run hashcat I see a load on 1 processor, the second one is idle, when testing other applications 2 processors load 100%, tell me how to make it clear that hashcat uses 2 processors, thanks in advance

Attached Files
.jpg   Безымянный.jpg (Size: 469.96 KB / Downloads: 11)
Can you show the information hashcat prints at the start of the cracking process? Where it lists the OpenCL devices.
The part that lists all your detected devices
(10-07-2019, 11:35 PM)undeath Wrote: The part that lists all your detected devices
https://dropmefiles.com/W2lhc send a picture but the file does not appear
(10-07-2019, 11:35 PM)undeath Wrote: The part that lists all your detected devices
I took the wrong screenshot? set opencl_runtime_16.1.2_x64_setup before starting

Yes, and when I turn on the second processor in Windows, it automatically disables the other only in hashcat, I think you need to enable some parameter, tried -n 32 or -n 2 did not help
Can you tell me what I did wrong?
You took the correct screenshot. For some reason OpenCL doesn't detect your second CPU, which is some problem with the OpenCL runtime. I don't have any experience with multi-cpu setups and no idea what could be wrong. Bad Intel OpenCL runtime?
hmm, interesting. is there something like clinfo or even another common OpenCL-based benchmarking tool for windows that we can compare with ?

note: here (bottom of that page) I see 64 bit binaries for clinfo, but I never tested it: https://github.com/Oblomov/clinfo

in theory it could also make sense to test the same system with linux (maybe something changes there), but this could be a very challenging thing for some windows users... so lets first see what other windows applications "detect"
(10-08-2019, 10:47 AM)philsmd Wrote: hmm, interesting. is there something like clinfo or even another common OpenCL-based benchmarking tool for windows that we can compare with ?

note: here (bottom of that page) I see 64 bit binaries for clinfo, but I never tested it: https://github.com/Oblomov/clinfo

in theory it could also make sense to test the same system with linux (maybe something changes there), but this could be a very challenging thing for some windows users... so lets first see what other windows applications "detect"

in other programs and benchmarks all 48 cores and 96 threads were involved

the problem is that I can’t check for Linux since I want to buy this equipment and they gave me remote access on the windows system
(10-08-2019, 10:08 AM)undeath Wrote: You took the correct screenshot. For some reason OpenCL doesn't detect your second CPU, which is some problem with the OpenCL runtime. I don't have any experience with multi-cpu setups and no idea what could be wrong. Bad Intel OpenCL runtime?

if it didn’t work correctly, then other programs would have such problems, right?

in the windows properties there is a function to enable and disable the cores, but the problem is that including 1 processor it turns off 2 and vice versa, when everything is fine in the third-party benchmarks “not hashcat”
maybe someone knows the answer or tried to run bruteforce on a dual-processor motherboard?