how to use just lower case alpha numeric only?
I am noob, try to crack .7z, the commands I am currently using is "hashcat64.exe -m 11600 -a 3 hast.txt" but I assume that is basically the same as all CAP, lower case, numbers and special characters.

I tried to use only lower case + numbers without wanting upper or special chars and command looks like "hashcat64.exe -m 11600 -a 3 -1 ?l?d hast.txt".  when I did that it says I specified a char set so I need a mask? how to do it without a mask as i use -a 3 means brute force with just lower case + number is what I want.

please help!
You were partially right. You just forgot to specify the mask, i.e. "?1?1?1?1?1" for cracking password of 5 lower-case alpha numeric characters.

Your whole command would look like "hashcat64.exe -m 11600 -a 3 -1 ?l?d hast.txt ?1?1?1?1?1".
(01-23-2020, 10:57 AM)azaran Wrote: You were partially right. You just forgot to specify the mask, i.e. "?1?1?1?1?1" for cracking password of 5 lower-case alpha numeric characters.

Your whole command would look like "hashcat64.exe -m 11600 -a 3 -1 ?l?d hast.txt ?1?1?1?1?1".

alot of it I just randomly guessed. could you please tell me what -1 ?l?d stands for?  i know ?l?d is for lower case and digits so what is -1 infront of that, and also if I already got ?l?d why does it need the last part ?1?1?1?1?1?.

what is ?1
(01-23-2020, 11:27 AM)yugiohle Wrote: alot of it I just randomly guessed. could you please tell me what -1 ?l?d stands for?  i know ?l?d is for lower case and digits so what is -1 infront of that, and also if I already got ?l?d why does it need the last part ?1?1?1?1?1?.

what is ?1

-1 ?l?d just defines the custom character class "?1" as being "?l?d", so you can use custom charsets as well as the built in ?a ("all") ?s (special) ?d (digit) ?l (lower) ?b (byte)

You can define up to 4; ?1, ?2 ?3 and ?4, which allows for more complex things like -1 ?u?l?d -2 ?l?d -3 ?d?s  ?1?2?2?2?2?3

(The syntax is a bit of a shock at first, but you get used to it.)
The last part is the actual mask/transcript of the password. @blacktraffic I guess explained the rest. Also, be sure to https://hashcat.net/wiki/doku.php?id=mask_attack as it should contain answer to most of your questions regarding mask attacks
(01-23-2020, 02:21 PM)blacktraffic Wrote:
(01-23-2020, 11:27 AM)yugiohle Wrote: alot of it I just randomly guessed. could you please tell me what -1 ?l?d stands for?  i know ?l?d is for lower case and digits so what is -1 infront of that, and also if I already got ?l?d why does it need the last part ?1?1?1?1?1?.

what is ?1

-1 ?l?d just defines the custom character class "?1" as being "?l?d", so you can use custom charsets as well as the built in ?a ("all") ?s (special) ?d (digit) ?l (lower) ?b (byte)

You can define up to 4; ?1, ?2 ?3 and ?4, which allows for more complex things like -1 ?u?l?d -2 ?l?d -3 ?d?s  ?1?2?2?2?2?3

(The syntax is a bit of a shock at first, but you get used to it.)

(01-23-2020, 04:30 PM)azaran Wrote: The last part is the actual mask/transcript of the password. @blacktraffic I guess explained the rest. Also, be sure to https://hashcat.net/wiki/doku.php?id=mask_attack as it should contain answer to most of your questions regarding mask attacks

ah I see I think I got it now. thank you!
Have a question about how to use hashtag with only lower and upper case letters ? 

quote="azaran" pid='47314' dateline='1579789835']
The last part is the actual mask/transcript of the password. @blacktraffic I guess explained the rest. Also, be sure to https://hashcat.net/wiki/doku.php?id=mask_attack as it should contain answer to most of your questions regarding mask attacks
[/quote]