Is this good?
I just got a new rig And ryzen 3600 and a Geforce RTX 2070 Super. I'm getting 477.7KH/S. On Wpa Is that a good rate or should it be faster? It keeps saying the Nvidia toolkit inst installed even though it is. I dont know if it would be faster if I got that to work right.
Pasting the complete output would be helpful.
477.7KH/S is pretty good for a RTX2070
Did you use "-w 4" switch?
I advise to install CUDA toolkit, it will be a bit faster.
I downloaded and installed the code toolkit it still says it's not installed. I should have mentioned I'm using it on Windiws so the download and install is pretty straight forward. I was having a problem with the driver on The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali) and switched to avoid any further problems. I didnt run the -w4 but suggested it but on my old rig it made it unusable. Is it normal for it to only use between 1 and ten percent of the GPU? I'm not complaining it ran through a 15Gb list in 50 minutes my old rig took a month and a half. Thank you for your help I really appreciate it.
The usage of your GPU depends on the attack type and hash type you are using. Straight wordlist attacks have poor performance. Have a look at https://hashcat.net/wiki/doku.php?id=fre...full_speed
I know I did a benchmark and md5 is 789.7MH/s. I just didnt know how much speed I'm loosing since it keeps saying the Cuda toolkit isnt installed. It is installed for some reason hashcat says it's not. I'm using windows because I had driver issues with The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali) so theres only one way to install it download it and run the installer. I cant find anything about how to fix it at least not anything that worked. I went through a 15GB list in 50 minutes so I'm happy but I would love to see what it can really do. I built this rug just for that purpose. As a side effect the raytracing is great on Control but I want to see how fast hashcat can go. The AMD and Intel rig I was using took a month and a half to run the same list so needless to say I was impressed. Thank you for responding. If you have any idea how to get it to recognize the Cuda toolkit it would be greatly appreciated.
CUDA for windows : https://developer.nvidia.com/cuda-downlo...rch=x86_64
Then reboot.
hashcat will automatically detect CUDA installation.
Thank you very much it is greatly appreciated. Thank you again.