Number of newlines is increasing when editing forum posts
Exclamation 
Hi!

Is it just me, or are you guys also having a problem with newlines when posting new posts or editing existing posts? The problem is that the more times I edit a post to make changes or to add additional bits of information, the number of new lines increases by one newline for each newline.

Initial post:

Quote:Haxx0r ipsum headers d00dz vi infinite loop semaphore it's a feature ifdef ssh fatal strlen packet sniffer public foad bin. Data void var todo giga sql highjack cache bypass new blob injection ack baz function salt char script kiddies int class Donald Knuth. Wabbit wombat machine code rm -rf null echo *.* epoch.

Cat eof less endif injection infinite loop epoch suitably small values. Overflow crack tcp perl for headers *.* default wombat bytes giga wabbit syn worm. New packet gc ban foad fork thread socket chown over clock I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that ddos cache.

After editing the post once:

Quote:Haxx0r ipsum headers d00dz vi infinite loop semaphore it's a feature ifdef ssh fatal strlen packet sniffer public foad bin. Data void var todo giga sql highjack cache bypass new blob injection ack baz function salt char script kiddies int class Donald Knuth. Wabbit wombat machine code rm -rf null echo *.* epoch.

Cat eof less endif injection infinite loop epoch suitably small values. Overflow crack tcp perl for headers *.* default wombat bytes giga wabbit syn worm. New packet gc ban foad fork thread socket chown over clock I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that ddos cache.

After editing the post twice:

It's quite a process to clean up all the goo between paragraphs. I click to edit in full editor, and then starting from the first line of the second paragraph, I use Shift and up arrow key to select upwards, ensuring I including the last line of the first paragraph to encompass all hidden characters, then whilst holding down Shift key, I press End key to deselect the good bit of the last line in first paragraph, and lastly I press Delete key to ensure I delete all characters to the right. Then I press Enter two times to get back to proper spacing between paragraphs, just one line worth of spacing.

Then after all that trouble, it all returns again if I edit the post once more, and this time the problem has grown on each newline by one additional newline, so it's growing. Sometimes, somehow, I manage to stop the spread and I don't know how or why, sometimes I'm just lucky I guess. It's like trying to contain a virus, and it just keeps on growing.

I thought you should know about it. I'm sorry if this is not the right place to post about it, or if I'm the only one having this issue. My OCD immediately kicks in when I see this sort of thing.

Messages In This Thread
Number of newlines is increasing when editing forum posts - by meow - 12-21-2021, 10:39 PM