Fan 100% but Not Cracking In HCPlus
I think there is something wrong with ocl-hascat-plus v0.09b or quite possibly it’s the new ATI drivers.

Unfortunately this isn’t easy to explain so I apologise in advance. It is almost the same as this thread.

Except that the fan remains at 100% in this case.

Using Win7 Ultimate 32bit ATI HD5870 Card Driver Package Version 8.961 OpenGL Version 6.14 with ocl-hascat-plus v0.09b testing a .hccap file in word list mode and using 1 rule file (supplied below).

Code:
l
u
c
E
d
r

I thought I noticed this last week but it doesn’t happen all the time so I just assumed it was something I had done.

Everything seems to work ok when not using rules but this could just be coincidence.

My fan is whizzing full tilt but the Progress and Rejected figures stay the same. When I press “s” the time running continues to move on but nothing else does.

When I pressed “p” to pause it so I could take a copy of the command window I noticed that nothing changed, the fan was still l00%.

Another observation was the estimated time to complete was at one point over 8 hours, then dropped to 0 seconds within a few minutes and that’s where it stayed until I closed it down.

So basically it seems that ocl-hascat-plus stops cracking part way into a job and keeps the fan running 100% whilst displaying “Time Left” as 0 seconds until I close it. My temperature display was 28c Temp near the end so it had clearly stopped cracking.

I can’t think of anything else more relevant to report to help work it out.

Thank you.

I have just caught it failing !

I was playing around with HC-Plus and just happened to be watching the monitor when I noticed it flickered twice whilst cracking. I wasn't sure if it was displaying an error message or just flickering as it was really fast. It affected the entire screen not the center of it like a message box might.

Anyway the sound of my fan / card changed very slightly and I just felt it had stopped cracking. I pressed "s" and sure enough it had.

This time there was no rule file involved. I was also using a smaller password list. Other info is that the "q" option works and it does stop HC-Plus when in this state.

I am starting to think it is drivers !

Messages In This Thread
Fan 100% but Not Cracking In HCPlus - by Hash-IT - 06-09-2012, 05:51 PM
RE: Fan 100% but Not Cracking In HCPlus - by atom - 06-11-2012, 09:34 AM
RE: Fan 100% but Not Cracking In HCPlus - by atom - 06-11-2012, 02:56 PM