What is the Best way to recover a MyBB pass
sha1 is just that -- sha1. it's a raw cryptographic algorithm, like md5 is.

and actually mybb is md5(md5(salt).md5(pass)), not md5(md5(salt).pass). it is mode 2811 on all versions of hashcat. not sure where you got mode 6 from.

you may not necessarily be wasting your time with your quadro, it's probably still faster than your CPU.

--pw-min, --pw-max, and --rules-file do nothing when using combinator attack (attack mode 1.) --pw-min and --pw-max only work in mask attack mode. --rules only works in straight mode. combinator attack also requires two dictionary files.

not sure it's possible to use statsprocessor with cpu hashcat on Windows since hashcat cannot read from stdin and Windows doesn't support things like named pipes. you really wouldn't want to generate wordlists with statsprocessor, they would be massive. best use your quadro for that. and note that oclHashcat uses markov mode by default for all masks.

we make it look easy because frankly, it is easy. some people just make it way more complicated than it need be. and yes, i think you're way off the beaten path here, but i'll throw you a bone and show you a very simple attack plan to help you get started.

start with dict attack:
Code:
cudaHashcat -m 2811 -o recovered.txt hashes.txt wordlist.dic

then do dict + rules:
Code:
cudaHashcat -m 2811 -o recovered.txt hashes.txt wordlist.dic -r rules/best64.rule
cudaHashcat -m 2811 -o recovered.txt hashes.txt wordlist.dic -r rules/d3ad0ne.rule

then do some hybrid attacks:
Code:
cudaHashcat -m 2811 -o recovered.txt hashes.txt -a 6 wordlist.dic ?d?d
cudaHashcat -m 2811 -o recovered.txt hashes.txt -a 6 wordlist.dic ?d?d?d
cudaHashcat -m 2811 -o recovered.txt hashes.txt -a 6 wordlist.dic ?d?d?d?d

do some mask attacks:
Code:
cudaHashcat -m 2811 -o recovered.txt hashes.txt -a 3 -i ?l?l?l?l?l?l?l?l?l?l
cudaHashcat -m 2811 -o recovered.txt hashes.txt -a 3 ?l?l?l?l?l?l?d?d
cudaHashcat -m 2811 -o recovered.txt hashes.txt -a 3 ?l?l?l?l?d?d?d?d
cudaHashcat -m 2811 -o recovered.txt hashes.txt -a 3 -i ?d?d?d?d?d?d?d?d?d?d
cudaHashcat -m 2811 -o recovered.txt hashes.txt -a 3 ?u?l?l?l?l?l?l?d
cudaHashcat -m 2811 -o recovered.txt hashes.txt -a 3 ?u?l?l?l?l?l?d?d
cudaHashcat -m 2811 -o recovered.txt hashes.txt -a 3 -i ?a?a?a?a?a?a

i think you get the idea.

Messages In This Thread
RE: What is the Best way to recover a MyBB pass - by epixoip - 09-29-2012, 06:03 PM