New Build Questions
So I have this old motherboard and processor that has been sitting around for a bit and wanted to do something with it. The processor is a 1st gen i7 with 6gb of ram and GA-EX58-UD3R motherboard.
http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product...989&dl=#ov

What I was wanting to do is turn it back into a gamming pc which I originally used if for. Then I though, wouldnt it be nice to dual purpose it as a password recovery machine on its down time. Since it will be a gaming machine for the most part it would be win7 ultimate. But I could also dual boot to ubuntu 12.04 if that would be better. The two parts that I would still need to figure out is what graphics cards to get and how much power it will need. The pc will be connected to a TV so the max resolution needed to be played with High settings is only 1080p. What would you guys recommend for graphics cards in this case and how much power will I need? With the graphics cards chosen, should I use Crossfire or sli or would that not be needed? Budget I would say is not a big issue if I am getting good bang for buck.

Thanks for the help.

Messages In This Thread
New Build Questions - by rdragonfly - 02-25-2013, 06:40 PM
RE: New Build Questions - by Bitweasil - 02-25-2013, 06:48 PM
RE: New Build Questions - by rdragonfly - 02-25-2013, 07:00 PM
RE: New Build Questions - by Bitweasil - 02-25-2013, 08:18 PM