Confused by the suffixes and parameters
Hi all,

First of all, glad to see such an active community around this programme, hopefully I can get some help here! I'm running W7x64 on an i7 mobile with a GT640M with 384 CUDA cores so I assume cudaHashcat-plus64 is my best bet?

I've got an SHA-1 hash, salted with a 64-bit random number, that's about the only info I have. It is unlikely to be a widely used password so I assume dictionaries are useless.

Fake hash:
Code:
814120311f1d3e33bcbf92a37b16f30db5671fb1
Fake salt:
Code:
ac2ea0480326b810

What would be the exact appropriate command line to decrypt this combination of hash + salt? I'm getting especially confused at this part:
Code:
100 = SHA1
110 = sha1($pass.$salt)
120 = sha1($salt.$pass)
130 = sha1(unicode($pass).$salt)
140 = sha1($salt.unicode($pass))
How do I know which one I have to pick? And do I have to put the hash + salt in a certain format?

I know about learning someone to fish instead of catching a fish for him but if somebody could prep the entire command line using the fake data above for me and post it here I would be very grateful!

PS: I'm pretty sure tho the password only contains letters, numbers, periods ( . ), and dashes/minuses ( - ). Also, for password acceptance there is no difference between upper case and lower case. How do I set this up, -1 $l$u$d.- doesn't seem to work...

Messages In This Thread
Confused by the suffixes and parameters - by JayPee - 10-07-2013, 09:17 PM