Which parts of 4 way handshake is needed? Which part is used by hashcat to crack?
As the topic suggests really, how many parts and which parts of the 4 way handshake is needed by hashcat to crack WPA/2 and what does hashcat use to crack WPA/2. I only have parts 1, 2 & 3 of the 4 way handshake is that enough for hashcat as i'm finding it difficult to get a full 4 way handshake? I have read that it's possible to crack WPA/2 with only parts 1&2 (possibly 3 too) but i'm also finding conflicting answers!
Regarding which part of the 4 way handshake does hashcat use for it's cracking purposes is exactly that, does it use the MIC from the AP or some other info from the handshake packet? I'm mainly just interested but also for future reference and so that someone else with the same question can find the correct answer in regards to hashcat as i'm guessing that different programs use different but similar ways to process the handshake and crack the WPA/2 key. All answers greatly appreciated.

Messages In This Thread
Which parts of 4 way handshake is needed? Which part is used by hashcat to crack? - by h4x0rm1k3 - 02-21-2015, 03:33 AM