nVidia GForce 8300 GS not supported
Hello everyone, i'm new in hashcat (never used before) although i've used similar gpu cracking tools like pyrit.

I'm setting up and old computer as a remote computation (cracking) server, with The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali) and a few tools installed, trying to get as much power from the old hardware as i can.

I have already pyrit running with cuda and my old force 8300 gs, it works fine with both cuda and pyrit, not problem at all (very slow card but thats another thing).
I've messed around a bit until i get cudahascat working on my pc (i only had hashcat which don't use gpu acceleration, so i finally get cudahashcat and tried benchmarks and examples to see if works fine.

Quote:Device #1: GeForce 8300 GS, 127MB, 918Mhz, 1MCU

ERROR: Shader Model 1.0 - 1.3 based GPU detected. Support for CUDA was dropped by NVidia.

Remove it from your system or use -d and select only supported cards.

and thats all i can do with cudahashcat. Googling a bit i see that my gpu could be no longer supported by nvidia and cuda but as i have it working with cuda and pyrit i wonder if is possible to fix this error and use it with hashcat.

Sorry about my english, i think i don't miss any information so hope can solve this easily.

Messages In This Thread
nVidia GForce 8300 GS not supported - by Usercore - 04-21-2015, 06:59 PM
RE: nVidia GForce 8300 GS not supported - by atom - 04-24-2015, 01:36 AM