"Display driver stopped responding and has recovered"
(05-05-2015, 11:31 PM)epixoip Wrote: -snip-

This is why we strongly discourage people from buying OEM-design cards. They are inferior to reference design cards in every way. People tend to think the cooling solution is the only thing that is different (and indeed that is the easiest way to tell if a card is ref or OEM design), but in reality quality suffers in all aspects.

You definitely can't go wrong with the Titan X. It's a monster.

I haven't had good experiences in the past with AMD cards anyway. I think I'll stick with Nvidia for now.

Both of my Titan X's arrived today. I've been running attacks all day and they have been stable with a +225MHz core overclock and a +300MHz memory overclock. The temps have been great too.

The one thing I have noticed is that my WPA speeds are significantly lower than what I was pulling with my two R9 290X's. Also PHPass hashes (WordPress in specific) seem to be slower when I'm only running one or two, but aside from that everything is great. I was matching the results from your benchmarks. Big Grin

edit: Duh, one of my cards wasn't turned on for some reason when I was doing the WP/WPA hash testing. No idea how I didn't notice. Getting ~1700 kH/s on a single hash with no acceleration. Big Grin

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Display driver stopped responding and has recovered" - by TonyS - 05-06-2015, 09:09 PM