rules in combination attack
Hi there, thanks for building this great software :-)
I have an old truecrypt container without a password - but I know it shoud be a combination of some of my other passwords concated with "+*-$" or whatever. So I wrote everything I remembered into a file and used a shell script to combine everything with everything to deepth 3 = - ~50 Lines ^ 3 possibilities. I use this same list for left and right in a combination attack = 50^6 possible combinations.

Works fine, I only have one problem - I know my password is rather long (> 16 Chars), but I only can set rules for left and right seperately. I'd like to have a rule to reject all combined passwords <= 16 chars since passwords like *----* are useless to me. Rule file is only supported with -a 0

My current command line looks like this (to sort out at least the obvious crap):
oclHashcat64.exe -m 6211 -a 1 container.tc left.txt right.txt -j ">6" -k ">6"

Any idea to optimize this thing? I fear I have to remember some more passwords and try again (perhaps with depth 4 on both sides) and it would be very usefull to drop the crap instead of trying every possible combination...

Messages In This Thread
rules in combination attack - by xeb - 08-14-2015, 11:00 AM
RE: rules in combination attack - by inoo - 08-15-2015, 03:40 AM
RE: rules in combination attack - by xeb - 08-15-2015, 12:40 PM