Cracking simple sentences
Forgive me if this is a simple question or has been answered elsewhere here (I couldn't find it, if so).  I'm still quite new to oclHashcat.   I've searched the forums, Google, etc. and have been unable to find a straight answer anywhere.

What is the best approach for cracking an NTLM hash that corresponds to a simple 3-5 word sentence?

For example, let's say I have three NTLM hashes corresponding to the following passphrases:

This is a password!
Going 2 the store?
I like ur dress 2day.

I have a dictionary that contains all the individual words used in the passphrases above.  I DO NOT have a wordlist with phrases, e.g., Wikipedia, Google n-grams, etc.

The length is too long for straight brute force, so what is the best approach? 

I don't think I'm ready to start building my own rules to tackle this.  Are there pre-built rules, e.g., best64.rule, that are best suited to these types of passphrases?  Would rule chaining work best?  A four or five way combinator might work, but the lists quickly become far too massive when talking about n-way combinations, so I'm sure that approach isn't practical (think of a combinator3 on realuniq.lst!).

Any advice is very much appreciated.  Thank you in advance.

Messages In This Thread
Cracking simple sentences - by Betawave - 11-17-2015, 12:39 AM
RE: Cracking simple sentences - by epixoip - 11-17-2015, 02:22 AM
RE: Cracking simple sentences - by Betawave - 11-17-2015, 04:35 AM
RE: Cracking simple sentences - by atom - 11-19-2015, 12:16 PM
RE: Cracking simple sentences - by Betawave - 11-25-2015, 01:37 AM
RE: Cracking simple sentences - by mastercracker - 11-21-2015, 10:40 PM
RE: Cracking simple sentences - by Betawave - 11-25-2015, 01:42 AM