Should we be using Aircrack ?
Hi

I read the following and I wonder if someone could elaborate on it ? I wonder if the author means Aircrack doesn't strip the keys properly ? As Hashcat+ now needs Aircrack to convert the .caps I wonder if we might be wasting time ?

I worked on a key for over 40 days where I was almost certain it was 8 upper with no luck. Perhaps my key was corrupt ! Sad

I did perform a test with Pyrit and it said it was good with a spread of 2, does anyone know what "spread" means in this case ? I can't find it on the Pyrit site.

http://pyrit.wordpress.com/

Quote:In other news: Parsing the data and getting a good set of candidates to attack has turned out to be a very crucial part in the whole process. Any software not capable of stateful handshake-parsing is very vulnerable to false negatives. In such cases, the task of finding the correct password for a given set of wireless data is doomed by the fact that the handshake is reassembled incorrectly. In my own judgement, tools like aircrack-ng and coWPAtty fail to find the correct password – even if it’s part of the given wordlist and testable by the given data – in about 30% of all cases.

Messages In This Thread
Should we be using Aircrack ? - by Hash-IT - 09-18-2011, 10:44 PM
RE: Should we be using Aircrack ? - by atom - 09-19-2011, 10:55 AM
RE: Should we be using Aircrack ? - by Hash-IT - 09-19-2011, 11:00 AM
RE: Should we be using Aircrack ? - by Hash-IT - 11-12-2011, 05:20 PM
RE: Should we be using Aircrack ? - by atom - 11-12-2011, 06:36 PM